SASS Wire Forum

Perdersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken Rifle -- .54 -- Like New

Cholla

I lusted for a quality Hawken for 40 years. I finally pulled the trigger in 2017. I shot this once and then joined SASS. I have not shot it since.

I paid a lot. I want $900 plus shipping.

From the Pedersoli website:

The Pedersoli™ Rocky Mountain Hawken Rifle is a .54 caliber percussion reproduction of the plains style rifle manufactured from 1840 to 1865. The Rocky Mountain Hawken is symbolic of the historical period that saw the transition from the long and heavy small caliber Pennsylvania rifles to more practical and powerful Plains rifles, with the abandoning of the flintlock for the far more modern percussion system. The Hawken's durable barrel and the larger caliber, enabled greater accuracy and performance making the Hawken Rifle an invaluable tool to trappers, mountain men, and the most famous explorers of the west.

The Pedersoli™ Rocky Mountain Hawken features the classic lines and incredible performance of the original hawken rifles. The Rocky Mountain Hawken is offered with the beautiful walnut stock with a precision-rifled, rust brown colored 32" barrel having 7 grooves obtained by broaching. The .54 caliber barrel has 1:65 twist rate and is 34 5/8" long to deliver superior downrange precision with sabot and conical bullets alike.

The Pedersoli™ Rocky Mountain Hawken comes with a reliable #11 percussion lock that has been color case-hardened for subtle beauty and excellent performance. The Rocky Mountain Hawken sports adjustable double-set triggers, front blade sights, and hardened trigger guard and buttplate. The Pedersoli™ Rocky Mountain Hawken comes in right-handed models only.

The Pedersoli™ Rocky Mountain Hawken Rifle sports a one-piece European Walnut Stock with satin finish and a beautiful .54 caliber browned barrel. The 32" browned barrel features a 1:65" twist. The Missouri River Hawken Rifle is made by Pedersoli™ in Italy and is 51 3/16" in overall length and weighs 9.91 lbs.

This Pedersoli™ Rocky Mountain Hawken Rifle is great to take out in the field or simply display on your wall.

image.png.521e69dee79c88f456a2611f8eda896a.png

IMG_0126.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0133.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0135.JPG

53 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

Do you have any balls or patches for it?  Balls are hard to find these days.

Yes. Both. They can go with it.

5 hours ago, Hashknife Cowboy said:

That one needs to go on a elk hunt!  Beautiful!

If you buy it FTF I will throw in caps and BP.

Sent a PM 

Photos show Maple. Ad from Pedersoli says Walnut. Which wood in yours?

If bore and wood are in the condition that a once fired rifle should be, I will take it at $900+shipping! Too good to pass up. PM details. 

It's maple according to the box. I thought it was walnut.

Just now, Cholla said:

It's maple according to the box. I thought it was walnut.

Pics are great. PM me payment details. I love the look.

Archived