SASS Wire Forum

The For Fun Side Match

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

Advocating for some silly fun here...

There is a side match at a big shoot.   It is your typical ten-ten-four target setup.   But beyond that, here are the rules.

One:   May be shot with any combination of pre-1900 type guns, and used as the shooter sees fit.

Two:  Scoring is not based on time, hits or misses.   Instead a three judge "panel" decides who had the "most fun" in shooting at the targets.

Three:  All safety rules must be obeyed.

Four:  Targets may be engaged in order.

Five:  Anything else the people running the shoot decide is needed to clarify things.

Can I use my Broomhandle Mauser?

2 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Can I use my Broomhandle Mauser?

Hmmm....

"One:   May be shot with any combination of pre-1900 type guns, and used as the shooter sees fit."

Sure, why not?

Draw it from its shoulder stock holster, attach stock, load with ten rounds and use it for the rifle.   Or the pistol.   Your choice.

After posting the above comment, it occurred to me that "rifle" caliber rifles should either not be used, or there would be two sets of rifle targets and you would shoot at the appropriate ones depending on which kind of a rifle you are using.   Obviously, one set would be farther away than the other.

Or, make it ten, ten, five, four...

Reminds me of how you get on "The Price is Right."  The stupider you act in the line out front, the better your chances for getting on the show.  So probably the best thing for a shooter to do would be jump up and down and say, "Oh my god, I can't believe it.  Oh my god.  Oh my god."

1 hour ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I've been looking for a place to show off my behind the back shooting ability. 

If you think that sounds scary, remember I'm a gunfighter. 

Well, as long as it's done safely, and you never break the 170, I would not object.

Perhaps it would be a wise idea that if the shooter plans something incredibly unusual like this that he or she should check with the judges beforehand.

8 minutes ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Well, as long as it's done safely, and you never break the 170, I would not object.

Perhaps it would be a wise idea that if the shooter plans something incredibly unusual like this that he or she should check with the judges beforehand.

They'll all be too busy scramblin for cover to object. 

Archived