SASS Wire Forum

bronco

Chili Ron

WWWwwwweeeellllllllll  Uno's looking really seriously at it.  I think it would be a bit more useful here than a truck.  We'll see..........

34 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Now I just want to drive a seven speed manual trans.

Best

CR

OH yeah.  :)

My Miata has six, and sometimes I find myself reaching for one more...!   ^_^

College roommate had a '70 Bronco; we had some pretty cool adventures with that thing.  He later traded it on a Fiat, which he later sold to me.

Wish I'd bought the Bronco!!  :blush:  

11 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I have to see it in person. I found the Toyota FJ underwhelming after after walking around it. Looks interesting, but we’ll see. 

having said that, there are a bazillion high end/decked out Jeep Wranglers in my area that never see anything but pavement. If Ford gets it right, they’ll make another fortune. 

Then maybe the Wrangler’s will come down so I can get another...^_^

Hi Abilene! Hope all is well with you.

I started looking at the Toyota FJ Cruisers a year ago. I drive a 2 door Jeep Wrangler so anything is an upgrade for me. ;)

Except for the FJ Cruiser being underpowered one of the things I really liked about it is kind of a "2 sides of the coin" deal. It does have limited visibility on either side but the smaller windows do provide better theft protection from smash and grabs especially for those of us who occasionally carry various expensive hardware in the vehicle. Harder to see in, harder to reach in...

The rear seats do fold flat for cargo and this allows 1000x more cargo room than my Jeep. Could be handy-dandy.

I think the Toyota 4Runner is a much better vehicle overall but it also sells for considerably more.

You're correct with your observations on most suburban tricked out Jeeps never getting off road. Same phenomenon around my part too.

I'm liking the new Ford Bronco so far but am 100% sure I'm not going to pay 60Kish for a new vehicle and immediately get to enjoy another 5K in sales and property tax as well as 10% immediate depreciation. Think I'll hold off for 10 years or so. ;)

Archived