SASS Wire Forum

Bobby's got some boots

Utah Bob #35998

I got a good great deal yesterday. Went to the Big R ranch store while I was in town. Cheaper than going to the LGS.  They just rush to the cash register when they seen me walk through the door.

I decided I needed a new pair of work boots. Not much arch support left in my old ones. So I found a serviceable pair of Laredos for $109. But the pair in my size didn't have a tag on them so I took them and another larger pair with a tag to the register. I explained to the cashier that the ones I wanted didn't have a tag but the other pair did. So she scanned the other pair but mine had a different stock number because of the size. Then she did it again. Then one more time. Then she did some manual entry. Finally she said, "You're gonna like this".

She said they were 2.   "200?", says I as my blood pressure rose. "But the price on the others is 109!"

"No", she said. "Two Dollars"

I said that couldn't be right and she entered everything again while I watched. It came up as two dollars. I looked to see if maybe they were returns. The computer didn't specify. They were unused.

I said, "Maybe you should call the manager". But she said the computer was always right and there was a long line building up behind me.

So I paid for my 2 dollar boots and my 10 dollar compressor hose and left. On the way to the car I was waiting for somebody to come catch me from behind. Nobody did.

Then I went and bought a scratch off for the wife. She won 15 dollars.

I see Sears has some pressure washers on sale. I'm going into town to see if I can get one for mebbe 5 bucks. :D

Never quit when yore on a hot streak!

Like a pair of fine slippers.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Never quit when yore on a hot streak!

Ain't dat the truf!

Archived