SASS Wire Forum

FS/T Lyman Ruger 45-70 Centennial set

My father purchased this brand new out of the back room at Bobs Gun and Tackle many years ago.  NEVER FIRED.(though I'm tempted)   Supposed to have been a 1000 made to commemorate Lymans Centennial.  Serial # 321.  Ruger #1 in 45-70 with Lymans Century model scope serial numbered to the gun.   Walnut presentation case, large Bronze coin, lyman brass, reloading dies, mold, cleaning rod(with duplicated coin on end of handle), book and all papers.  Just about everything has some Centennial markings on it special to the set, mold, dies, brass, this was done spectacularly well!  All original packaging and shipping boxes, shipping checkoff list, etc.   The scope has a couple of scratches on it and there is one very small scratch on the barrel, bright and shiny bore, very nice wood, everything else looks great, it's been a safe queen for 40 years.  Large, heavy shipment.  Please PM for availability, listed other places. Trade offers considered, please send me a PM with what you have and what the deal is, i.e straight across or this gun and X amount of boot, etc.. Thanks.

028.JPG

029.JPG

030.JPG

031.JPG

044.JPG

046.JPG

048.JPG

049.JPG

050.JPG

051.JPG

055.JPG

056.JPG

058.JPG

Just now, Deadshot Dan said:

Very nice rifle Fireball.  Would that have been Bob's Gun and Tackle in Hastings Michigan?

It would.  I worked there for a bit.  Miss the ambiance, but not his prices:lol:

20 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Serious lust, but not at this time. The #1 is what started my love affair with single shot rifles, albeit my dad’s was in 22-250.

Layaway plan? :excl:

Just now, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Not at this time. Sorry to have given you false hope. 

Didn’t we we shoot together once at Guns of August?  Your name sounded familiar and your picture rang a bell. I think it might have been on a Warthog posse. 

No worries, no hope.:P  Pale Rider Gunfighter posse, good times!!:wub:

I use to get down to bobs once in awhile, bought an old remington 788 and a mauser from him, if i remember right he had a johnson ( i know that sounds bad) from ww2 stacked in one of his piles. Wrong bobs sorry was thinking of coho bobs in pentwater, but its a back to the top for ya

A friend is a serious ruger collector if it's ok with you I will share this with him. 

Archived