SASS Wire Forum

Triple 7 storage

Jess Knotwright 61300

Triple Seven label says it is not “smokeless”, but can be shipped and stored as such.  You might contact a local store that sells 777 or smokeless powders to learn local storage laws.  Of course you could contact the fire department, but some folks worry about unwanted attention if they do that.

9E332411-F596-4C97-AA7B-299F1C45F313.thumb.jpeg.8038f9dc13ac785a1c549bb1ac792ee6.jpeg

Section 7: Handling and storage

* Avoid heat, impact, friction and static. Protect against heat effects. Keep away from heat, open flame and ignition sources.

* Absolutely no smoking around open powder or packages. Keep away from combustibles. Avoid electrostatic charges.

* Keep containers closed at all times when not being used. Keep out of reach of children. Open and handle container with care. * Follow all local, state and federal laws when storing this product.

For more info consult Professor Google search for "Material safety data sheet triple seven"

Local regulations and prohibitions may apply at the physical location you are trying to store the powder, but most likely in small quantities you probably have other chemicals in close proximity that are more hazardous. 

F.S.

All the real BP & BP subs are very hydroscopic.  So, in high humidity  environments the container should only be open to fill a powder measure hopper or empty the hopper when reloading session is finished.  If using dippers fill the container your dipping from with not much more than needed for the reloading session.  Acquire some small desiccant packs like the ones found in some pill containers.  If you through them into the powder container they will keep the powder in good condition.

I recommend storing loaded rounds in a dry box with rechargeable desiccant packs.  I've had unprotected rounds go squibby after storage in a humid basement for months.  I have no trouble with rounds stored in my house, but I live in the desert, not South Carolina.

Archived