SASS Wire Forum

WTB Walker Silencer ear buds

jeeper90

Howdy All, I seen were another Pard had success looking for some of these ear buds so i thought i would give it at try. After a military  career i can't seem to hear much anymore and thought i would like to try these electronic hearing buds. I have both read good and bad reviews about the Walker's and am hoping to find a cheap pair that I could try out for myself instead of spending $100+ and not being happy.  Any help would be appreciated both with advice or a pair of earbuds.

Thanks

Smokewagon Grampies

Hi I have done research on the Walker's Silencer Ear Buds myself. The over all reviews that I have read or watched were mostly positive. There are two persons that I know that have them and they both said that they work really well.  Check out Amazon they have them for the cheapest price that I could find around $134,95. Also check out E-Bay.

https://www.goaxil.com/collections/featured-products/products/ghost-stryke-essential-universal-hearing-protection-and-enhancement

I shot 3 matches with these. Can not find any fault with them.

Shuts down the gun shot but back on for target hit.

Can recharge with your phone charger which is always available vs. batteries.

8 hours ago, Blast Masterson said:

https://www.goaxil.com/collections/featured-products/products/ghost-stryke-essential-universal-hearing-protection-and-enhancement

I shot 3 matches with these. Can not find any fault with them.

Shuts down the gun shot but back on for target hit.

Thanks for the info. They look good

Blast Masterson,

I just ordered them on your recommendation. Hope they are as good as you say. LOL 9 Reviews on them and all gave a 5 so they should be. $119 is the cheapest I found them as well from my network search.

TM

I've been using these for a year now. They work really well for Cowboy Action. You can hear the instructions but the gunshots are suppressed. Highly recommend these for sure.

18 minutes ago, Crooked Creek Sam said:

They work really well for Cowboy Action. You can hear the instructions but the gunshots are suppressed. 

That's a great combination and I guess the other question I would have do they reset quickly enough after the gunshot that you still here the clang . . . on those occasions when we hit the steel?

I have Military Hearing Loss as well and I wear hearing aids to watch TV etc. 

If I turn these up a bit to better there the Stage instructions from afar, the echo of the gun shot sounds like the actual shot and it makes me wonder if they are not working (till you turn them down).

They are also very comfortable to wear. I hate ear protection! These are  the first I can live with all day (at work) and be comfortable and not feel like I have my head in a box. 

$119 is the cheapest I found also. There is a cheaper model (older I think) that is not rechargeable (and maybe less sensitive). Be careful if you come across these. Not as good if I recall correctly.

43 minutes ago, meesterpaul said:

That's a great combination and I guess the other question I would have do they reset quickly enough after the gunshot that you still here the clang . . . on those occasions when we hit the steel?

Yes...you definitely hear the ring of the steel target

• 2 months later...

Hi I have a set for sale if your interested. They are used but in excellent condition,and are a complete set. I am asking $95.00 for them.

I bought a pair about 7 years ago at Bass Pro before I started CAS. I used them one day at the range, & sweated a ton. That was it. They didn't work after that.

Archived