SASS Wire Forum

Photographic PROOF the Earth is FLAT

Photographic PROOF the Earth is FLAT.

Well, at least in my little world of miniature wargaming the Earth is flat.  Here, one of my little 1:1200 scale 74-gun ships-of-the-line about to go over EDGE!

iqvSIu.jpg

Battle rages.  Exchanging broadsides!

KJCp7q.jpg

sPt9FZ.jpg

Major Crimes, if you liked Patrick O'Brian books, let me recommend Alaric Bond's "The Fighting Sail Series."  There are ten (10) books in the series.  I'm reading the books in order and I'm currently reading the eighth book in the series, "HMS Prometheus."  What I like about these books is that there is not one central character but emphasis is on the whole crew, from the captain's cabin to the lower deck mess mates.  Through the series, you get to follow the characters as the serve together in various vessels.   Good story telling.  For this land lubber, they seem historically accurate.   I give the books 4.5 stars out of 5.

https://www.alaricbond.com/fighting-sail-series

3 hours ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

so, do you build them as well as well as use them in wargaming?

Yes, I do.  I buy the little ships disassembled and in white pewter, paint them, assemble them, & add rigging using 24-gauge jewelry wire.

The clear acrylic bases I buy separately.

I buy the ships here:

http://www.ghqmodels.com/store/napoleonic-micronauts-battle-sails.html

Thanks for asking.

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

Must be a storm brewing. Them seas look awful choppy.

Could be.  Even on my flat earth, storms can come up in my little sea battles.  Makes a mess of things.

Did you lose your fire on that one ship?

Bottom picture. You have four exchanging broadsides, with white smoke and orange flame. Then in the bottom left - just white, no orange.

Birdgun,

That is pretty cool.

I'm assuming you are still adding to your collection of ships?

You might want to add something like this to prevent ships from falling off the edge of the earth...

5abe3f933e3e4_SeaMonster2.JPG.e1e2164787fc3b16e43dab69ce4b77a3.JPG

7 hours ago, Alpo said:

Did you lose your fire on that one ship?

Bottom picture. You have four exchanging broadsides, with white smoke and orange flame. Then in the bottom left - just white, no orange.

Alpo, the just white smoke shows the guns were previously fired and are being reloaded.  Once the side is reloaded, the white marker is removed...showing the guns are loaded and ready to fire. 

Archived