SASS Wire Forum

Rifle Barrel Length An Issue?

Cholla

I have tried 20" round barrels in Winchesters and Marlins and my current Rossi 92 sports a  24" octagon. I do believe my favorite barrel length and contour was a 20" Octagon Marlin I had. I still regret selling it. Heavy enough to be steady but short enough to maneuver. 

Welcome Paako Hunter. I hope you get the perfect gun and have a ball with it. :)

21 minutes ago, Redwood Kid said:

Well there are probably hundreds of  CAS clubs in California so it's quite possible you missed one or two. I shoot at several where moving in and around props comes up quite often. Yet I haven't felt like a longer barrel has slowed me down any, especially when shooting my 30" 10 gauge. Loading it will slow me down way more than that.  Among all the other nuances involved in the game.

I may be wrong here, but I think you don't fully understand how a crescent buttstock is supposed to work. You want that thing to hit the ball joint, not the shoulder pocket like you would on a shotgun or carbine butt stock. If done correctly, it shouldn't slow you down at all.

Did you read my whole post? I said with rifle. Shotgun movement is pretty common almost everywhere. How many times a month do you move around a stage with a rifle in hand? BTW there are 39 SASS affiliated clubs in California.....quite a few but not hundreds. 

37 minutes ago, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

Did you read my whole post? I said with rifle. Shotgun movement is pretty common almost everywhere. How many times a month do you move around a stage with a rifle in hand? BTW there are 39 SASS affiliated clubs in California.....quite a few but not hundreds. 

I did read you’re whole post and I only mentioned shotgun because that’s what I like to use, but also a 24” barrel rifle as well. Since you’re nitpicking, did you read mine? Or your original post? We both said cas clubs, not just sass. 

19 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

Read my mind on that one.  Making recommendations to us lowly humans based on SS and Deuce's abilities just ain't right. :lol:

I started this game in Deuce’s neck o’ the woods, and that sentiment was prevalent among the local shooters. They would disregard Deuce’s style and approach thinking it only applied to him because he’s an elite borg. I chose not to disregard anything he did and instead threatened to someday whoop him on a regular basis. I’m still working on that 

Archived