SASS Wire Forum

Sussex County Range War

Tom Payne 13115

Folks I just attended one of the best matches put on by the Pungo Posse Club in VA. called the Sussex County Range War. It was a fun match to say the least. They had a night shoot on Friday and what a hoot it was!!!

The weather forced a change in the schedule, but 9 fun stages were shot on Saturday. The folks who put this match together, Missouri Marshal and crew, deserve a big thank you.

I will put this on my plans for next year!!

I am real glad to hear you had a good time and planning to come back,  I sure enjoyed shooting and visiting with you this weekend.

Hope our trails cross again real soon!

Maybe next year we can be on the same posse. Glad you enjoyed your visit with us here, down under DC.

I have attended this match for several years but had to miss it this year.   Chuck wagon Bill serves  some excellent meals too.   I plan to be back again next year.   Save my RV spot by the “Gator pond”.    

:rolleyes:   

On 10/30/2017 at 10:41 PM, Tom Payne 13115 said:

They had a night shoot on Friday and what a hoot it was!!!

NIGHT SHOOT!!!

WHOLLY MOLY!!  

You shoot real black for this?

42 minutes ago, Cemetery said:

NIGHT SHOOT!!!

WHOLLY MOLY!!  

You shoot real black for this?

Oh Yea!!!

Turned out to be a longer day than I had planned for, didn't find out about the change in schedule until I showed up Saturday morning. For some reason that morning I decided to carry more ammo than usual, normally I bring enough for 6 stages plus a few. Got back home with 10 rifle, 10 pistol and 5 shogun shells.  Seemed to get a second wind on the last 3 stages and felt good about how they went.

This was my second time going to Sussex County Range War  and it seems the Friday night shoot is half the event. Planning on picking up some real black to play with and see what these night shoots are all about. Besides, can't let Cody have all the fun.

Pungo Posse put on a great event and despite the changes everything went smooth and finished before dark.

Thanks everyone.  It's nice to know you had a good time..  Even though they talk funny the northern cowboys, H.E  Clark (PA), Ziggady Zag (PA)  and Tom Payne (NY) are great cowpokes and a LOT of fun to have with us..  Special thanks to Tom Payne playing Dixie and the National Anthem of us at the beginning of the match.

Archived