SASS Wire Forum

First Winter Range and shooting Frontiersman

Marshal Fire, SASS 10064

First I want to extend a very sincere congrats to all of the shooters in the Frontiersman class but especially The Brisco Kid who won his second Winter Range. He shot a fine match and overcame a few challenges along the way.

This was my first Winter Range and I already have next years dates marked to return.

I shot with an outstanding group of people (now friends) on posse 9. Lassiter, Stoney creek, Texas Tiger just to name a few. This posse all worked hard for their fellow shooters and we never were at a loss to find someone to help out.

The match was well run and enjoyable. The stages were a nice variety and offered something for all. A nice combination of target distance and size along with movement and gun handling.

Myself I have started to shoot frontiersman class more and enjoy the new challenge. Living in northern Wisconsin this was my first match since September. Just wish I could stay in the southwest a few more weeks but need to return to work and plow snow out of my driveway (12 inches while I was away)

Sorry that I missed you. Visited on Thursday with Woodsey and Katie. Saw Lassiter but, I failed to spot you. I was looking for you.

Congrats on 2nd in Frontiersman.

See you later this year.

Marty, sorry I missed the Wisconsin group as they were in the area. I did see Flying Doc and Misty at the shoot on Thursday morning.

Joe and Doug it was great to shoot with you fine gentlemen. The whole posse 9 group worked together and did some great shooting also. I do hope that in 2018 all of us are able to again throw lead down Range! I know that I need to go back home and figure a way to practice prior to WR. I shot a few snowbanks to function test my guns prior to this year. I could tell the lack of shooting slowed me down. Maybe should stay in AZ for a few weeks prior to WR in 2018?

Marty, sorry I missed the Wisconsin group as they were in the area. I did see Flying Doc and Misty at the shoot on Thursday morning.

Joe and Doug it was great to shoot with you fine gentlemen. The whole posse 9 group worked together and did some great shooting also. I do hope that in 2018 all of us are able to again throw lead down Range! I know that I need to go back home and figure a way to practice prior to WR. I shot a few snowbanks to function test my guns prior to this year. I could tell the lack of shooting slowed me down. Maybe should stay in AZ for a few weeks prior to WR in 2018?

Heck - volunteer to Ranger and come out early. You won't be disappointed.

My Stetson is off for anyone who has the courage to shoot Frontiersman at a major match! Well done to all, and especially to The Brisco Kid on his repeat championship. Joe, I'm honored to have you as a mentor and friend.

Marshal, Congratulations on a great match, and to The Brisco Kid on his repeat National Championship. Its an honor to shoot against you guys and all in Frontiersman brotherhood. Our category is not for the meek and only the strongest tend to stay in it very long.

Best regards,

Chili

Archived