SASS Wire Forum

Price Check - .45 colt brass

Hoss Notright SASS #60673

Starline sell them new for $21/100.

Mixed multiple fired? Probably no more than 8 cents each.

Take new price of Starline, some of the best available. Reduce down to 40% of that.

Good luck, GJ

What's a fair price for .45 colt brass, mixed manufacturer, some fired once some more than once?

Hoss

Are you buying and want to know what to expect or selling, wanting to know how much to charge? In either case, the description...."some fired once some more than once" would cause me some concern, would I be getting worn out brass that has been loaded 20 or 30 times or brass with only a few (5 or less) reloads? I think the answer to that would determine the worth.

Garrison Joe showed a good average price. Starline is selling 1,000 cases delivered to your door for $183 or 18.3¢ per case and 40% of $18.3 comes to 7 cents a case.

Edited: Changed $18.30 to 18.3¢

Are you buying and want to know what to expect or selling, wanting to know how much to charge? In either case, the description...."some fired once some more than once" would cause me some concern, would I be getting worn out brass that has been loaded 20 or 30 times or brass with only a few (5 or less) reloads? I think the answer to that would determine the worth.

Garrison Joe showed a good average price. Starline is selling 1,000 cases delivered to your door for $183 or $18.3 per case and 40% of $18.3 comes to 7 cents a case.

I think your math is off a bit. 18 bucks a case is pretty spendy. Did you mean 18 cents?

Thanks all for the replies. To answer Deadeye I am selling brass. Some reloaded once some as many as 3 or 4 times.

In my opinion, 3 or 4 reloads with 45Colt and our cowboy loads is still "like new" so I wouldn't go under 8¢

Archived