SASS Wire Forum

Bond-the Intimadater

G W Wade

I picked up a Bond derringer quite some time ago 410/45colt. Considered it useless except with 357 bbl. A little experimenting got things shooting quite nice, running different bullet weights and powder charges in each bbl. Now is where it gets interesting=== Shooting 410 slugs, it WILL double. Make you wish you shooting your 44 Magna!! Anyone of you run into this in your travels. Thanks GW

Should never double, I would send it back to Bond

If you have the piece set up for compitition with lighter springs, etc. i can see the piece having an issue.

Is your Bond factory as is, or did some one do a DIY kitchen table action job. ?

I shoot some very stiff loads in my Snakeslayer with some custom reloaded all brass 410's. And experience no issue as you describe.

Doesn't feel lightened , but cant find out. Original owner not with us anymore. Bond said send it in with ALL barrels, regardless if it doubles or not. GW

Thanks Guys , just thought I would throw it out there for something to talk about. Working the action by hand or firing mild loads everything cycles as it should. After shooting season, will have to send in to get repaired. GW

Thanks Guys , just thought I would throw it out there for something to talk about. Working the action by hand or firing mild loads everything cycles as it should. After shooting season, will have to send in to get repaired. GW

I would highly recommend sending it back before you put another round through it, it was not designed to double, could damage the gun or the shooter...IMHO

I would highly recommend sending it back before you put another round through it, it was not designed to double, could damage the gun or the shooter...IMHO

I DO NOT shoot the 45 bbl anymore, just 38 Thanks GW

Archived