SASS Wire Forum

Stoeger: Now a Wall Hanger?

"Stoegers are only wall hangers in the first place"

Stupid quote of the day , if ever there was one. Mine has been running great for a long,long time. As have thousands of others in our game. wow.

Agree 100% with this post.. I've got my original Stoeger that my wife Lacey confiscated and now shoots... 12-14 years old

and I replaced it with another Stoeger that I've shot hard for about 10-12 years..

Wife and I have three Steogers. Two 12s and a 410. Blew chunks out of the top of the wrist on the first gun. Captured the two pieces of wood and acraglassed them back in place and have been beating the heck out of it for 4 years now.

Wife's gun showed a crack on one side at top of the wrist. Removed the stalk releaved the hard contact areas with a file and worked acraglassed into the crack. Problem solved with this gun also.

Removed the stalk from the 410 before it cracked and releaved the two points at the top of the wrist that showed heavy contact right where I have seen many Steoger stalks cracked. No problems with this gun in six years.

If you have the wood there is no reason not to glue it back together.

Steogers are inexpensive and available everywhere and I have seen more of them on the fireing line than any other hamerless double so the wall hanger, junk shotgun comments are just rediculas.

The main problem as said before too many action jobs to the same gun. #1 buys it new, 1995, uses it 6 months hears about gunsmith sends gun in, wow uses 2 more years sells it, new owner he sends it in and so on, sometimes without even asking old owner.

QUOTE STOEGER REPAIR about broken stocks back then, when replacing thru bolt the ss washer was left off and bolt was not tightened to 5 1/2 pounds torque.

My stoeger was new, the steel was better than later models, was a small problem with barrel lugs, newer ones were softer.

TOO many used guns too many action jobs.

Look at the 1897. It is, was one of the most perfect guns made. It needed nothing done to it, the adjustment to the sear was all that was needed by the owner of the gun.

It would break in as used in a few months but a new group of gunsmiths and wording, WILL MAKE YOU FASTER. OK OK the mainspring was a bit tight

Once a Gun is Marked as "Usafe to Shoot" by the Manufacturer , If anything should happen with that gun in use YOU are giving anyone a SURE-FIRE case to take you to the Cleaners ....

Even in Canada you would be a very big looser in court .... And in the USA you are 100 times as likely to have suit filed against you...

Jabez Cowboy

Archived