SASS Wire Forum

Super Blackhawk Hammer

Procedural Pete

Just bought a pair from Brownells a couple of weeks ago. had them in two days. Sorry to see them already on backorder. I wouldn't think it would take long to get them. you might sign up for the notifications in case you can't find them anywhere else.

BTW:the daughter loves these hammers, they are a significant improvement over the stock Vaquero hammer.

Not to jump thread, but is there a shooting style that the SBH work better than stock I.e. Single handed vs two handed?

Not to jump thread, but is there a shooting style that the SBH work better than stock I.e. Single handed vs two handed?

I think it's more a shooter preference than style. I prefer them since I shoot one-handed and I can reach up and cock the hammer easier. If I was still shooting two handed I would prefer to have the taller spur.

I believe it all has to do with the length of your thumbs. SBH hammers are nice sometimes like on my birds head OMV. I think new model Vaquero hammers are really nice on plow handled OMV also. I'm a lot slower than Cody though.

Archived