SASS Wire Forum

Movie Review

Utah Bob #35998

No not a new one. Or a western. I was watching The Silve Chalice awhile ago. I had forgotten what a comolete weird stinker of a film that was. It's amazing that Paul Newman went on to become such a huge star after this. I'm surprised that the young Newman wasn't on the first train back to Ohio. :rolleyes: It's no wonder he apologized for it in later years.

But Jack Palance was cool as the whacko magician who thought he could fly . But Palance was always cool! :D

Bad directing, bad acting, bad script and sets. The Plane 9 From Outer Space of biblical films.

Forgot all about that one, 'til you mentioned "Palance, the flying magician."

I think his character epitomized certain members of a certain political party of today... :rolleyes:

Forgot all about that one, 'til you mentioned "Palance, the flying magician."

I think his character epitomized certain members of a certain political party of today... :rolleyes:

He was, shall we say, delusional? :D

Always love Jack Palance. With that face, he looked like a smiling skull! Just saw him as "Raza" last night in "The Professionals". Quite a cast in that movie! Burt Lancaster, Lee Marvin, Claudia Cardinalle, and Woody Strode! Don't make 'em like that anymore, and most of the actors are gone. :(

Archived