SASS Wire Forum

Marlin 94 carriers and firing pins---- ALL SOLD

Dern it, I'm on the wire all day and just as soon as I head out to the work bench to fix somebody's Marlin, some good stuff like this gets posted and I miss the sale.

:angry:

..........Widder

Dern it, I'm on the wire all day and just as soon as I head out to the work bench to fix somebody's Marlin, some good stuff like this gets posted and I miss the sale.

..........Widder

Well, you'll most likely have one of those firing pins passed along to you very soon. ;)

Well, you'll most likely have one of those firing pins passed along to you very soon. ;)

I look forward to it Tyrel.

Hope that 44-40 is still running like a banshee in your hands.

..........Widder

..........Widder

Widder, I tried to send you an PM asking if you wanted them or at least how to price, but it was full and not receiving new mail, sorry

Thanks Dirt.

I can remove 10 PM's and its full again in about 1/2 a day and I must admit, I could do a better job of keeping it cleaned out.

I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

If that last remaining FP is STAINLESS and no-one else wants (needs) it, bring it to the TN State and I will buy it.

If someone else needs it before the TN State, feel free to let them have it.

I've got a couple dozen but I can always use another one, probably sooner than later.

Looking forward to seeing you at TN State.

..........Widder

Howdy Kid.

As for the 1894's models, the firing pins are the same for all center fire calibers.

I really like the 1-piece firing pins. They come in Stainless and Titanium. There isn't really much difference except a lot of folks prefer the 'stainless'. I have used the Ti firing pins in a couple of my Marlin 1894's and couldn't discern any difference in their performance. Although some folks have stated that the tip on the Ti tends to wear little more than the stainless. My opinion is that you would have to put A LOT of ammo thru your rifle to ever tell any difference in wear.

I don't mess with the 336 and 1895 models so I really don't know about those. If their bolts are longer, you would definitely need a different firing pin.

..........Widder

Archived