SASS Wire Forum

We went from bright sun to night-like cloud cover to roaring winds to pouring rain and thunder and back again. No tornado touch-downs despite the warning, but tons of split and broken and uprooted trees, and no power or Fios connection since 2:30.

Activated the "personal hotspot" feature on my IPhone for an Internet connection; I assume my usage meter is spinning like a whirling dervish......I have an inverter in my Audi, and am running a single extension cord into the house to charge the laptop and the phones.

Getting closer and closer to that generator decision.

LL

I heard those were some nasty storms. Glad you are OK.

I'm with Presidio on this one. Once we get settled down here, it's a Generac for us.

One word.......Generac

Hang in there and keep yer head down!

More like Generwreck. <_< The one in my RV was total garbage........ :angry:

Most troublesome brand I hope to never deal with again.

Love my Honda 'twins'. ^_^

OLG

I heard those were some nasty storms. Glad you are OK.

I'm with Presidio on this one. Once we get settled down here, it's a Generac for us.

Huh?

NO-NOT Generwreck. Read the reviews on product and company support.

Look here for great deals.

http://www.wisesales.com/

OLG

Wasn't referring to a portable, but one of the permanent stand-by systems. Various sizes to accomplish the need. Haven't got one yet, but will before winter sets in this year. Should've done it last year, but gold dust was a mite scarce at the time. Yep, there are other systems out there that'll probably suit most anyone.......I'm still punching, but Generac is still ranking pert high with me anyhow.

Loop, here's hoping and praying all's fair and well with you and yours.

Loop, here's hoping and praying all's fair and well with you and yours.

Thank you, sir. We did just fine. Still without power, but it's almost time to snuff the candles anyway. Just hoping for power by morning - need it to run the well pump for toilets and showers.

Never realize how easy we have it until the power goes out.

LL

I think we have had more tornado warnings this summer then we have had in the past ten years.

A lot of "microbursts" and hail. One storm yesterday produced tennis ball size hail, the body shops will be busy.

Archived