SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hoss

WTB BP Powder measure

Dabbling in the dark side a little, looking for a BP compatible powder measure. The Lee dippers are driving me crazy! Let me know if you have anything you are not using.

i'm looking for 1 I can put a pound or so of powder in, then dispense it into a cartidge with a pull of a lever.

Sounds like you need a Lyman 55, or even an RCBS measure. I just load my BP ammo in my Dillon 550.

I use Lee and dillon measures with app but wouldn't use them for the other bp powders. Powder valley inc I think carried the Lyman/rcbs metal measure for bp also iirc the possible shop out of nm has them also.

I use my Lee for my BP. The first time I used it I wiped it with a fabric softener sheet to cut down on static but after that first use the measure is coated with graphite and never a static issue.

I have a stainless steel measure I used to load black powder cartridge on a a Dillon press. Will part with it for $50. Send an email if interested. geezerjim@cox.net

I use the RCBS measure for BP. You can find them for a little over $100. Drill a 1/4 inch hole in the

top cover and then insert a 1/4 inch wooden dowel rod with a flat fender washer attached to the end. This rides on top of the powder and tells you when the powder supply is getting low. I painted the last

inch of the dowel with a red marker.

Hornaday sells a BP measure that is the twin to the RCBS for $147.00 at Precision reloading right now.

They sell the RCBS for $137.00

A former friend of mine has used the Lee Pro Auto Disc for several years with BP with no ill effects.

Later David

24" brass drop tube is my choice

I use an old lyman 55 powder measure with plastic powder storage and for my dillons I use them with aluminum sleeves!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.