SASS Wire Forum

RVing to larger matches in the South.

Key Hay

I have shot the NC and SC state matches and noticed there we not a lot of RVs there. In contrast the Oregon State Match had almost 100 RVs. Most Annual matches out here will let you dry camp at the range for free or a small fee.

Is this typical of larger matches in the South? DO most folks just Hotel it? I like to take my RV to matches (Even Monthly) if there is more than a few hours driving and spend the night before at the range (if allowed) or at a nearby RV park.

Come on over to the Alabama State Match (Ambush) I think there is about 40 spots with Electric and Water and tons of space for Dry camping. The range also has a Shower and Bathrooms if you are dry camping.

Hey Key Hay (that's sounds funny, doesn't it?)

most of us around here are kin to one another. So.....we just stay with our cousins, who are actually our brother in laws.........who are actually our Aunts and Uncles.

:)

..........Widder

A lot of clubs down here have hook ups. And some that don't do allow dry camping.

Use to go to Oakwood Outlaws on Friday night and camp for the weekend. They had hook ups.

There was always 5-6 campers on shoot weekends. They would start a big fire pit and everyone would

bring a side and your own meat to cook on the open fire. Not sure why. But not many camp there anymore.

Maybe 1-2.

Bar 3 use to always have a good many campers even at monthly's. Still a few that camp and spend the weekend.

But again. Not as many as there use to be. For there big match every year. Will be close to a 100 campers.

We mainly only take the camper to the bigger matches now. Very seldom camp at a monthly. But most times we are

only shooting on Sat. And doing family stuff on Sunday instead of shooting both days.

Hey Key Hay (that's sounds funny, doesn't it?)

most of us around here are kin to one another. So.....we just stay with our cousins, who are actually our brother in laws.........who are actually our Aunts and Uncles.

:)

..........Widder

So that was cousin Quality Inn's house we were stain at for the NC State match???

Archived