SASS Wire Forum

New TV show

Utah Bob #35998

Taxi Brooklyn.

Okay, it hasn't premiered yet, but in case you haven't seen the commercials here's the concept:

A NYPD officer has had a lot of vehicle crashes, I guess in patrol cars. So her supervisor tels her that her license has been suspended. So.....

A cab driver sits in the slammer. He tells the no-longer-allowed-to-drive detective that if she investigates his case and helps prove him innocent, he'll drive her around in his taxi.

Next scene: taxi driver driving like crazy apparently in a pursuit while she flops around in the back seat, hollering.

Now I hate to pre-judge a show or movie without seeing it but....... :huh:

At first I thought this was an amazingly stupid (if original) idea. Then I remembered that Die Hard movie with Bruce Willis where Samuel L. Jackson was the cab driver.

Aha! I thought. :rolleyes:

Oy.

Wasn't there a movie like this with Queen Latifa? Sounds exactly the same.

Wasn't there a movie like this with Queen Latifa? Sounds exactly the same.

That, I would not know.

I never pay attention to the Royal Family.

Oh Utah Bob, you are so behind the times! It is NOT the Royal Family, it is simply "The Royals" - really, I should think you would have known.

Only Brits call them The Royals.

My grandma was a Brit. I however, am not.;)

I care nothing for the Royal Family.

I did buy a Prince album once though.

Up the Rebels.

And we will speak no more of it. :rolleyes:

Another reality show? Lost your license due to suspension or revocation, lost your job on our department. That is what reality use to be, not anymore, not my fault I got suspended :lol:

A new show I have caught a few times and enjoyed is Arab Labor. Its an Israelli import sitcom about an upwardly mobile Arab family living in Israel trying to navigate the narrow path proscribed by both the Israelli and Palestinian cultures. The show was originally made with both Arabic and Hebrew dialog. The Arabic was subtitled in Hebrew. On the USA release, its subtitled in English only, so its hard to tell what the characters are really speaking.

A new show I have caught a few times and enjoyed is Arab Labor. Its an Israelli import sitcom about an upwardly mobile Arab family living in Israel trying to navigate the narrow path proscribed by both the Israelli and Palestinian cultures. The show was originally made with both Arabic and Hebrew dialog. The Arabic was subtitled in Hebrew. On the USA release, its subtitled in English only, so its hard to tell what the characters are really speaking.

I think this thread just made an unexpected left turn. :D

Cab drivers will do that.

Archived