Ubert Thunderer 3.5 barrel, .45 Colt **SOLD**

SOLD

Uberti Thunderer
3.5" barrel
.45 Colt caliber
Blued barrel, cylinder and backstrap
Color case-hardened frame and hammer
Original box, plastic bag and papers

I bought this 14 years ago, about a year after I started participating in CAS, and wore it to matches in a "skeleton" style old-west shoulder holster. It was fun as hell, but not really practical, and I probably never shot more three matches with it. Let's err on the side of caution, and DOUBLE that, and it would still have less than 400 rounds through it. There isn't even a cylinder drag line on this one, it's so clean. I still have the shoulder holster, and I'll toss it in for free. It's a well-made rig, from the now-defunct San Pedro Saddlery. Somewhere along the line (and I don't even remember doing this) I had someone, somewhere, stitch and glue a knife sheath to the backside, so you could carry a small boot knife, ala Kilmer's Doc Holiday in Tombstone. The rig's probably worth at least $100 just on it's own, and the gun sells new for about $560. This gun and rig: $500.

First firm "I'll take it". followed by an e-mail or PM to confirm details, gets the goods.

I'm in the SF Bay Area, and will gladly ride up to two hours on my motorcycle to do a FTF sale at the FFL holder of your choice. If I can do this and save the shipping charges, I'll drop the price to $480.

Thanks for looking!

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Who made the skeleton rig?

Best,

Bob

"It's a well-made rig, from the now-defunct San Pedro Saddlery."

From the many bad reviews I've read about San Pedro, you could have also added that its a RARE and well made rig! :D No wonder they are defunct.

Yep, there's no doubt I lucked out in getting something from "Big Ed" in a timely manner, before the great San Pedro meltdown. I too have read all the horrible posts about his customer service, delivery times, and eventual (it seems) complete disappearance with people's money. But there was certainly nothing wrong with his craftsmanship, at least way back when............

I'm 5'9", weigh 185#, and wear a size 46 suit coat. The rig fits me comfortably, and there is room for expansion/contraction, as follows: the loop that your left arm goes through can be made bigger by two holes worth, about 2.75" worth. It can be made smaller by 5 holes, about 4" distance. The loop your left arm goes through can be lengthened by three holes, about 3.5" distance. The position of where the right-arm strap meets the left-arm loop can be adjusted, but it shares the holes that make the left arm loop bigger or smaller.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Archived