SASS Wire Forum

WTB- 44 cal Cap and Ball guns - prefer pairs and prefer steel frames

Hey Pony Racer:

I have a pair of Pietta steel-framed 44 caliber 1851s ($425 shipped) and a pair of Uberti Walkers (with holsters) ($725 shipped) for sale.

--Dawg

TL - Like them all but prefer 44 that prefer 454 ball...

Can I get pics of dragoons?

Prefer 5-1/2 but like full length barrels too.

PD can I get pics of the 55 1851's?

Thanks Pards.

PR

TL - Like them all but prefer 44 that prefer 454 ball...

Can I get pics of dragoons?

Prefer 5-1/2 but like full length barrels too.

PD can I get pics of the 55 1851's?

Thanks Pards.

PR

I will tell you now them dragoons are not 5 1/2 inch...Send a PM with email will find them and take some pictures...I have 5 of them two with holsters and at least one new in the box...Also have some long barreled Remmys...

TL

TL

Pony Racer:

I'll take pictures tomorrow & post them & send you the link.

The 1851s have 7.5" barrels.

--Dawg

I have a pair of Uberti 1858's that I have not shot. Installed Treso nipples and had custom closed toe holsters made (RH strong side and RH cross draw) . Think I might have an extra cylinder somewhere also. Used to want to try frontiersman but never did. These have the 7.5 in barrels. Have been sitting in the safe for about three + years now. Let me know if interested and I'll make you a package deal.

I want 685.00 for all provided I can find the extra cylinder . Plus shipping via ups to your door. If still interested send me your email address and will send photos later tonight.

Hi Pony Racer:

Uberti Walkers

One unfired & one in very nice condition

One "BM" 1999, and one "BF" 1995

Hand made slim Jim holster for one and new Triple K basic holster for the other.

$725 shipped for the pair

http://www.dakotaskipper.net/ebay/598walker.jpg

http://www.dakotaskipper.net/ebay/236walker.jpg

Pony Racer, Prarie Dawg is a man of his word. I would not have any doubts of buying from him. If I was not committed to .36 cal. I'd buy them myself. He has probably bought and sold more

guns on this forum than most and never had a negative comment! My 2 cents worth.

Charlie

Charlie...........Yer makin' me blush :blush:

Thanks for the kind words.

--Dawg

Sorry Pony racer -- Poor farmer claimed them.

I figured you were not interested, since I had not heard from you.

I'll dig around & see if I have another set.

--Dawg

Brass frames get a lot of criticism, but they can be used effectively in Frontiersman category because the smaller powder charges used in competition pose no threat to the brass frames. I have seen good shooters using brass framed revolvers beat shooters using Ruger Old Armies. I have a pair of the Pietta brass framed 5.5 inch .44 Navies, and have compared times using them with my 5.5 inch Ruger Old Armies. It's a pretty close race.

Just saying that if you find a good buy on a pair of brass framed guns, I would not count them out. And Cabela's puts them on sale a couple times a year.

Pony racer, I have a couple of the uberti 73 pistolas that look and handle like the old colts. I bought them at Cabelas a few years back and only shot a couple of cylinders out of each one just to see what they were like. They have a loading stand (kind of cheap built) with each one and the box and what came with it. I will take 650 for both of them. They are not con. serial # and they do have 5 1/2" barrels. I know that sounds like a lot for bp guns but thats what I paid for them.

I have a pair of 1860 armies. New in box. 8" brls, blued. Color case on frame. Brass trigger guards. Pietta. Boxes and all paper work. Never fired and factory original. They belong to my son, Son of a Plinkerton, college life warrants the sale! 425.00 shipped

Archived