SASS Wire Forum

.32 H&R load

Free Bird 61147

I have a shooting pard who because of health issues is shooting .32 Rugers. I know nothing about the loads used. My light .38's recoil a lot less that his .32's, using loading data he has gotten from some experts. Anyone with some load data would be appreciated. Send me info on a PM. Thanks.

use the ''start'' loads in Richard Lee's ''Modern Relading, or go to Hodgdon's website and use the ''start'' loads for .32 useing HP38 powder.

Sorry, my in-box was full. I cleaned it out now. Thanks.

My wife has shot Unique, Bullseye and N320 in her .32s. She didn't like the recoil of Unique, loved the low recoil of Bullseye but found it too dirty. She loves N320. It's clean and low recoil. However she keeps some factory loads in her cart for tough knockdowns. You can get data from the online loading sites.

I have a shooting pard who because of health issues is shooting .32 Rugers. I know nothing about the loads used. My light .38's recoil a lot less that his .32's, using loading data he has gotten from some experts. Anyone with some load data would be appreciated. Send me info on a PM. Thanks.

With powder availability being what it is today........... what powder does he have access to?

Powder (brand) is no problem, nor is bullet weight. Just want a "girly" load. He's somewhat handicapped.

PM sent.

To Edward R S Canby: If your wife liked the Bullseye loads, but found it too dirty, maybe she should try Alliant's "Red-Dot", or Hodgdon's "Clays". Both are very fast burning powders - like Bullseye, but be sure to consult loading tables beforehand.

FWIW, Doc

I very much appreciate the reply. Another local lady shooter uses Clays and her loads look very much like my wife's. Should we run out of N320 (possible these days) I will give Red Dot a try.

Tell your pard that running 32's at low velocity, (as is necessary if recoil is a problem), that he had better get used to a little dirty burning. Goes with the territory.

I use Bullseye in mine, but W-231/HP38, (same powder), or Accurate #2 will do the job also. I run 100 grain bullets at 650 FPS, for a Power Factor of 65, These loads will handle plate racks if you keep the impact in the upper half of the plates. You can also use 120 gr bullets at the same velocity for a Power Factor of 78. Personally I keep a few of the heavier loads in the cart for use on the plate racks. There's very little noticeable difference in felt recoil, and at CAS pistol distances, POI is almost exactly the same.

RBK

Archived