SASS Wire Forum

Bristol, IN 2 day, Shootout at Shakey's Gulch, Who's comin'?

Howdy All, just got back from the range and things are coming together. We've got some great stages set up and a lot of fun stuff planned. Boone is building a new stage (again). The theme for this year's match is "The Quick and the Undead!". So who all is coming?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you wondering about the "Super Stage" here is how it works: 2 rifles, 4 pistols, and a whole bunch of shotgun (and maybe some other surprises)! It takes the place of 2 stages. You are welcome to use your own extras, but if you don't have the extra guns just pardner up with another cowpoke and share. It works out the same on ammo so don't worry about bringing a bunch of extra ('cept shotgun shells of course). Did I mention it is also a "No MIss" stage with a passle of possible bonuses? People are still talking about the last time I set this up and it has been about 4 years.

I will be thar!

We can change it to MT Head Flush Draw! :) Is it dayglow green Matthew?

No dayglow green...thought about it but that's a bit LOUD for me. Went with red.

Something I haven't figured out. How to do you do a head shot on a diamond, club, spade and heart targets?

I shore do hope ya'll got my paper gold and am plannin on being at the Gulch - even if it is zombie contaminated! (Will need help with the 4 revolvers though). Wanted to buy another pair of em but the wife wanted to know what I was gonna do with the other ones. I says, "Make em back -ups" but she just don't get the concept of that just yet. A battle for another day. See you there!

LBC

Spoon; Is the shoot a Sat/Sun and if so.....I might be a last minute sign up on Saturday if that works. I'm hustlin all week and should be back in time.

KK

I shore do hope ya'll got my paper gold and am plannin on being at the Gulch - even if it is zombie contaminated! (Will need help with the 4 revolvers though). Wanted to buy another pair of em but the wife wanted to know what I was gonna do with the other ones. I says, "Make em back -ups" but she just don't get the concept of that just yet. A battle for another day. See you there!

LBC

I'm on the same stage, no backups.

Why don't we shoot on the same posse and shares guns?

I thought I was going to be there but familysays not.

Here I went and moved out of 49er category just to give you a better chance (I know. But why ruin a perfectly good story with facts?) and now you ain't showing! :)

Ain't you the head of your family?

My wife gets down on her hands and knees when she talks to me!

She says, "Get out from underneath that bed you Coward!" :)

I'm a thinkin on it! Deer season only happens once a year an the bucks are startin ta move!!! Kaya may have the final say. If she finds out.......

I'm a thinkin on it! Deer season only happens once a year an the bucks are startin ta move!!! Kaya may have the final say. If she finds out.......

The "Shootout at Shakey's Gulch" only happens once a year fer 2 days.

Deer season is like 3-1/2 months long.

Next excuse please!!! 😉😜

Sure would like to come and play, but already had plans to take wife to her sisters in St Louis. Then I saw that there is a 3 day shoot in Branson. Told the wife I could drop her off and I could go on to Branson. Won't tell you what was said, and I'm not going to Branson. So at least you guys have a good 2 day shoot.

The bottom rib of my shotgun came unsoldered at the last match at Paradise Pass. I am looking for a new gun for 'Emily" Shhhhh! to get slicked up but in the meantime I do not have a gun to use. Got lots of 20 ammo.

Never ran a 97 but got lots of ammo. Used to know a guy with a reloader! LOL

Archived