SASS Wire Forum

New Cimarron Shotguns

I asked the same question a couple months ago. No one seems to know much about these. I would think Cimmaron would do well by sending a few of these out to gun writers to do a review of them. If these are mechanical trigger reset and slick up nice I think a lot of us would be interested in owning one.

The general scuttlebutt about these Turkish built 1881 doubles is that they have lots of internal problems that prevent the guns from being slicked up for long hard use, and most folks are steering away from them.

But, I've not shot one nor had one apart, so I'm only telling you what a couple of in the know cowboy gunsmiths have told me.

Good luck, GJ

The single trigger SxS in the Cimarron catalog is the "1881" model made in Turkey. They are very stiff out of the box. Their new "1889" model advertised lately in the Chronicle is made by Daudson in Pakistan and seems to be a very nice gun. It is on the Cimarron website but not in the catalog. Only samples have been received thus far but the production guns should be coming within a few months.

Archived