SASS Wire Forum

Looking for Ruger 38-40's

Cap,

if you can't find what you want, you may have to do what I did. I wanted a pair of "blue" Vaquero's in 38/40. Ruger didn't make those. So I got a pair of .357's and had them converted. Bored out the barrels had the cylinders reamed out. Now I've got what I want. That was about 2007 or 8. Any questions ?? ..wilmtz3@bellsouth.net

Isom

I have 2 ruger Vaqueros 38 wcf SS convertible with 40 cal cyl 4 5/8 barrel looking for a new home. Both sets were sent back to ruger as there was a cyl problem which they took care of and because of the trouble they gave me 2 wishes, within limits. If your interested email me at sliclee@bellsouth .net then we'll talk. Lee

maybe I should have said more, the guns were test fired hit POAPOI, never tested 40 cyl but ruger checked them also.

Were never used except test. In box $900 per gun + ship to FFL.

I already have three of them, but just for the hell of it, I bid $800... nope.

I expect the reserve is around $1200 - $1500.

Cap,

I have one NM Vaquero, SS, .38 WCF/ .40 S&W convertible, 5.5" barrel, like new cond. Asking $825.00, + S&I. I also have a Blackhawk "Buckeye Special" .38 WCF/10MM convertible, blue, 6.5" barrel in exc. + cond. Asking $950.00, + S&I. Or both for $1700 shipped. Pics on request.

Later pard,

Doc

The reserve was apparently $1200, which would be a very decent price on them - I've seen people bid these up to over $1000 for a single one.

When/if you acquire a pair of these, Cap, rent a reamer or take 'em to a gunsmith and have the chamber mouths reamed. For some inexplicable reason, Ruger made them a few thousandths smaller than the bore... .396", if memory serves.

Archived