SASS Wire Forum

FYI: New Bill Introduced re: Powder

Drover Dan, SASS #47291

If you go back and read that bill it was added to Reeds bill on the 17th. The anti bills were voted down on Thurs. the 18th. So the bill is dead.

I would say the ATF SA that said the bombs were made of nitrate & ammonia more than likely had direct knowledge. I have no idea but BP may not be that easy to obtain in Boston. Shoot I live in a medium size city in Texas and it isn't available here. Closest place to buy it is in a small town about 60 miles away or order it and have it shipped in. But you can buy all the BP sub you want here.

There's really no reason for panic buying and it could get you into trouble. If you have more than a certain amount don't you have to have a special lockable fireproof storage container for it?

While reloading, concentration is required.

Listening to the news with it's liberal slant only increases my disdain for people in government who think they know best for everyone else.

While reloading, listening to any news can be distracting because there is never any good news for or about we the people. Only what government plans and laws passed telling us, we the people, what we have to do or give up next.

The latest news is that the bombs were made of BP removed from a large amount of fireworks bought out of state by Tsarnaev the elder.

I hadn't heard that one Bob. But if they try to outlaw fireworks it's gonna p*$$ off a whole bunch of folks, CAS shooters, civil & revolutionary war, & out here Indian war reenactors, as well as just everyday folks that like to shoot off fireworks every 4th of July.

I hadn't heard that one Bob. But if they try to outlaw fireworks it's gonna p*$$ off a whole bunch of folks, CAS shooters, civil & revolutionary war, & out here Indian war reenactors, as well as just everyday folks that like to shoot off fireworks every 4th of July.

I don't think they'll go after fireworks as soon as they realize the same substance can be bought by shooters. They'll stick to trying to make bp more difficult to obtain. I was afraid the bombs were bp devices based on the nature of te blasts. Damn it.

Well Bob nothing would surprise me after the last few months. I think if you live in New England, California or now Colorado being a total idiot is a prerequisite to getting elected to state or federal level office. From what I've seen of most of their politicians lately if their brains were gasoline they wouldn't have enough combined to start a flea's motor scooter.

So when is fertilizer going to be banned? Or the other ingedient,diesel? DUHHHH :wacko:

Knarley

I don't think they'll go after fireworks as soon as they realize the same substance can be bought by shooters. They'll stick to trying to make bp more difficult to obtain. I was afraid the bombs were bp devices based on the nature of te blasts. Damn it.

<_< Damn it indeed!

Time for the panic buying to start....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

So when is fertilizer going to be banned?

Would that mean farmers will have to stoip their cows from taking a dump? Hey! Didn't Dan Quayle say that cow farts were a source of air pollution? Banning fertilizer would solve a couple of problems, then.

Tangent: We live in the country, and some friends came from Toronto for a visit. It was mid-summer, and I took them on a drive along the back roads to see the local scenery. The windows were open, and the 13-year-old boy started complaining about the smell from the freshly manured fields. I'd finally had enough and told him it was the smell of food, both before and after he ate it. He didn't say another word for the rest of the drive.

I would say the ATF SA that said the bombs were made of nitrate & ammonia more than likely had direct knowledge. I have no idea but BP may not be that easy to obtain in Boston. Shoot I live in a medium size city in Texas and it isn't available here.

But BP is comparatively easy to make. I read a story once about the Civil War, where the Charleston garrison was running out of gunpowder and the female population volunteered to help fill the void by obtaining niter, which can found in urine. Many years later, the Daughters of the Confederacy issued commemorative medallions depicting the ladies of Charleston in various patriotic poses, and these medallions are nowadays exceedingly rare and can be worth a small fortune to collectors.

Well Bob nothing would surprise me after the last few months. I think if you live in New England, California or now Colorado being a total idiot is a prerequisite to getting elected to state or federal level office. From what I've seen of most of their politicians lately if their brains were gasoline they wouldn't have enough combined to start a flea's motor scooter.

The idiocy pre-requisite is for the urban corridor. Out here in the country we don't elect those types. Unfortunately, like many states the liberal urban areas control the legislatures as city populations swell. :( Stay vigilant.

Archived