SASS Wire Forum

Derringer Questions

Has anybody purchased a recent model Cobra derringer? I have had one in the past and it was questionable at best in construction and function. Just wondering what you think of yours. Is it possible for a weak gripped woman to pull the trigger? Are there after market springs? Can they be made to be workable? Would you buy one again.

One more set of questions. Anybody got a Chiappa derringer? What do you think about it? Would you buy one again?

Now before everybody tells me to save my money and buy a Bond I already have one with 2 different barrel sets. Wife doesn't like it because it is to big and heavy.

Thanks for your help,

Marlin

Just wondering what you think of yours. It's ok but I rarely use it for cowboy because of the lawyer trigger pull. I carry it to dispatch deer.

Is it possible for a weak gripped woman to pull the trigger? Possibly

Are there after market springs? Nope!

Can they be made to be workable? Not really. I hear tell that Coyote Cap can make them a liiiiittle better.

Would you buy one again. Probably not.

Your question has been asked many times on here. Do a search under Davis Derringer which is basically the same thing.

Has anybody purchased a recent model Cobra derringer? I have had one in the past and it was questionable at best in construction and function. Just wondering what you think of yours. Is it possible for a weak gripped woman to pull the trigger? Are there after market springs? Can they be made to be workable? Would you buy one again.

One more set of questions. Anybody got a Chiappa derringer? What do you think about it? Would you buy one again?

Now before everybody tells me to save my money and buy a Bond I already have one with 2 different barrel sets. Wife doesn't like it because it is to big and heavy.

Thanks for your help,

Marlin

I had one in 38 for a while, very heavy trigger pull, not very well finished. My wife ran over a rattle snake long ago with her trail bike and I thought it would make a nice hat band. I carried bird shot in the top barrel for just such occasions. I shot it from about 2 1/2' and when the dust cleared it was pissed. I sold it shortly after that. Can't think why I'd buy another, my Keltec 380 is lighter and carries more rounds.

Run away from them, headache from the git go. Look for an American Derringer from Waco Texas. Uberti did some neat Remington copies before the 1968 Gun Control Act. Look on Auction Arms site for Derringers or Gunbroker.

Jake

Archived