SASS Wire Forum

Pizza Friday!

Grizzly Dave

You just HAD to find that picture, didn't you????

Whut ya tryin' ta do, scare everybody outta the Saloon????

well yur a cute li'l thang Mars! in a green dress, too :)

Happy St Paddy's Day y'all

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know---Dad is 84 yrs young next Friday :o

went to se the Olds today--still like love birds

I"m back.

What day is this?

I have no idea any more.

Tomorrow is take mom to the doc day, then the store, then back home, then I have to go to the office. Sometime next this week I hope to meet with the auction guy so we can sell off the rest of my mother in laws junk, er, treasures. Plus have a big deadline at the office that has to be met, not that my comfuser is cooperating with that...

And then somehow Calico Mary made me sick at the match yesterday.

And yes, I would like some cheese with this whine!

Oh yeah, I was supposed to do laundry this weekend, maybe I should go throw it in the washer...

It's Sunday, durn it! How come the weekends always go by so much faster than the weekdays?

And if it made you sick to have to posse with me, well, guess we'll just have to do it again next month :P:P !

Don't know yet if we'll be able to make that one. Next weekend is the Denver March powwow, and then I'm hoping to make the April match at Lake George. And one of these weekends we do need to get some work done on the yard, weather permitting....

I told da wife I can't handle eatin anymore fish. I think I'm starting ta get gills, sooo we went out ta Texas Roadhouse. I'm at peace now!

CPK

Well, I'll be at the 5th Saturday match weather and schedule permitting. Then April brings the return of 2nd Saturday in Boulder, I reckon the first match we'll have a shotgun salute to fallen cowboys again, dang if they don't keep dying off. I need to email Jinglebob and ask about that, but dang it I can't remember that cowboys name now.

Don't know yet if we'll be able to make that one. Next weekend is the Denver March powwow, and then I'm hoping to make the April match at Lake George. And one of these weekends we do need to get some work done on the yard, weather permitting....

POWOW ? What Powow ? ? ? ? :blink:

Just waiting for da one up in Hickley ...da got a big powwow der.

I was asked once to play with 'em. Said to me "Brother, you wish to play ?"

Tolt him "No, as I don't know dis song. All whar in Sioux ! ;)

Denver March pow wow, never heard of it.

Then again, I don't get out much.

Most of the time they keeped the doors locked so I can't get out.

Well.......it's gone !

Went all da way back ta page 8 an it must have gotten pulled !

Lost my posted on if any one can git logged inta Gunbroker, send me a PM . :huh:

Bottles.....more Bulliet and corned beef here ! :lol:

I really meant to get some brass in the tumbler today, oh well, tomorrow is another day.

From what I've seen, folks get crazy bidding on gunbroker, ain't seen too many good deals there, but then again, I don't look that much.

I really meant to get some brass in the tumbler today, oh well, tomorrow is another day.

From what I've seen, folks get crazy bidding on gunbroker, ain't seen too many good deals there, but then again, I don't look that much.

I am looking for some older and original weapons of the cowboy times up till 1911.

Don't care where, just want to find the source.

I"d best head for the bunkhouse, gotta be up at the crack of dark to go up and get mom out to the docs and shopping, just remembered I'm gonna have to wrangle oxygen tanks for the trip, what fun. Hopefully that won't be needed for much longer.

g'nite all, hope you find what you want and are able to buy it Hawk.

Denver March powwow:

it's a powwow (please don't make me explain that term, especially to you Hawk)

it's held in Denver at the National Western Stock Show Complex, in the Coliseum

and it's held every year in March

and it's the only place I know of in these parts to get frybread....of course I wanna go!! Duh!

You oughta consider going, it's really fun! The Grand Entry is really a sight to behold. First off, they have a bunch of honor guards made up of past and present members of all branches of the military, to bring in the flags. Then all the different groups of dancers come in dancing until all of the different groups have been announced. They usually have 30-40 different drum groups take turns providing the music. Then they honor America, and Native Americans that have served. It usually takes quite a while to get all the dancers on the floor, but it's worth seeing!

Then there's a frybread booth (warning, long lines!) and tons of vendors. I do buy most of my beads there, they tend to have much higher quality seed beeds than the craft stores do! And there's also dance competitions, music, story telling, stuff like that. And all for only $7.00 a person, plus parking.

Whatever you do, don't tell Miz Grizz that they have beads there! I think the bead stores in Louisville and Colorado Springs already hold a note on my house!

I don't sit still well, and don't fit in stadium seats, I think I'll pass, it does sound interesting though.

Mostly it's just different sizes of seed beads, if Miz Grizz buys the fancier kinds she probably wouldn't have much luck. I understand about the sitting thing though, even though technically, if you are able to stand, you should do so through most of the Grand Entry. The flags are the first thing that come in, and as long as the honor guards are holding them up, I stand, and so do most of the Native Americans. It's only the other ethnic groups and the physically handicapped that don't...

And the honor guards don't lower the flag poles to the floor until all of the dancers are in. Kills my back and my feet, but that's nothing compared to what some of those guys have been through!

Denver March powwow:

it's a powwow (please don't make me explain that term, especially to you Hawk)

it's held in Denver at the National Western Stock Show Complex, in the Coliseum

and it's held every year in March

and it's the only place I know of in these parts to get frybread....of course I wanna go!! Duh!

Powwow......aint no explanation needed fer dat one

As fer as da frybread goes.....it's good. And lern how ta make yur own ! It's easy......speclity to a wome how can make quilts ! ^_^

Except for the part about the whiskey.....that's what usually happens!! Did Buick tell you that??

Why da heck did ya leave da whiskey part out fer ? !

Gonna need somethin' to whars dat frybread down wif !

I don't git it ! :blink::wacko:

You oughta consider going, it's really fun! The Grand Entry is really a sight to behold. First off, they have a bunch of honor guards made up of past and present members of all branches of the military, to bring in the flags. Then all the different groups of dancers come in dancing until all of the different groups have been announced. They usually have 30-40 different drum groups take turns providing the music. Then they honor America, and Native Americans that have served. It usually takes quite a while to get all the dancers on the floor, but it's worth seeing!

Then there's a frybread booth (warning, long lines!) and tons of vendors. I do buy most of my beads there, they tend to have much higher quality seed beeds than the craft stores do! And there's also dance competitions, music, story telling, stuff like that. And all for only $7.00 a person, plus parking.

Each and every time Natives hold a Powwow here in Hickley, dat just what happens.

When dey do dat "Grass dance" .....man....I'll tell ya.....it tugs on dis half breed's heart string.

One time I was dancing with then and afterward an elderly man walked up, putting his hand on my shoulder asked me, "When are you going home Brother !"

I broke down in tears rat der ! B):FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

If'n I can get thru the snow drifts I'll be there. Ain't missed one in

years. Good times for sure. Griz you should try to make it..

Why da heck did ya leave da whiskey part out fer ? !

Gonna need somethin' to whars dat frybread down wif !

I don't git it ! :blink::wacko:

Cuz ya ain't allowed to bring in liquor from the outside into the Coliseum, and the only alcohol they serve is beer.....

You think they'd take offense if a bunch of us showed up in full cowboy getup? :D

Don't know, haven't tried it. but I have gotten used to getting strange looks there already, usually when someone as pale as me shows up half the people there come up and ask if I'm lost and was really looking for the home and garden show that usually occurs the same weekend, but in one of the other buildings..... :unsure:

Cuz ya ain't allowed to bring in liquor from the outside into the Coliseum, and the only alcohol they serve is beer.....

Is it St. Louis beer ? :wacko:

Ifin' it is, anit drinkin' it.......too damned sweet ! :angry:

Whars my flask ? :unsure:

I could go in my cowboy gear with my grizzly bear tooth necklace on, that might get some looks. I reckon I'd have to just bananas in my holsters though, the city and county of Denver don't cotton to the constitution.

Archived