SASS Wire Forum

P-51

Tascosa, SASS# 24838

Am I computer literate or WHAT? WAAAAAWHOOOOOOOO IT WORKED!

Tascosa ( the computer wiz)

Whoa now big boy....

don't be gittin' a case of da big head now.

You be like me.........cavemen in da morden world. Got a tv remote I can not program, but the 8 year old kid across da street can !

Cool. I have a couple of kits that I'm saving for when the snow settles in this winter. :lol:

Very nice. I've never seen one in that scale before. I currently have one in 1:48 scale on my bench that I am getting ready to start on.

Your project, Tascosa? :)

Much nicer than the one I did when I was 10~! ^_^

Bit of trivia... do you know what those drop tanks (the real ones) were made of? :rolleyes:

Your project, Tascosa? :)/>

Much nicer than the one I did when I was 10~! ^_^/>

Bit of trivia... do you know what those drop tanks (the real ones) were made of? :rolleyes:/>

Tascoa's are plastic. :lol:

The real 108 gal tanks were a paper/plastic material. Real lightweight.

Tascoa's are plastic. :lol:/>

The real 108 gal tanks were a paper/plastic material. Real lightweight.

Yup!

Essentially a "papier mache'" sorta material. Good enough to get 'em there, but not considered stout enough to withstand landings - drop 'em even if full.

Sure look cool though! ^_^

Yup!

Essentially a "papier mache'" sorta material. Good enough to get 'em there, but not considered stout enough to withstand landings - drop 'em even if full.

Sure look cool though! ^_^/>

Lightweight and easier forvthe ground crews to handle. It's really amazing what innovations America and Britain came up with during the war. The possibility of losing your freedom is a strong incentive. We sure could use some of those sharp minds and courageous leaders now.

Yup Hardpan.. one of my projects that my son thought he should take a pic of outside like on the flight line... Looks like a real P-51 in the black and white shot...

Starting a wooden Rev. war ship the rattle snake next... I will post progress pics ifn y'all are interested.. and it shot black powder out of its guns way back then so I guess it fits in this saloon group...

Thanks for y'alls comments.

Tascosa

Archived