SASS Wire Forum

Spring kit

Marshal Fire, SASS 10064

Have a pair of 32 Ruger's that I got for my wife to use. Would like to work on them this winter ( it has started in Northern Wisconsin ) Any recomendations on which spring kit works well for this gun? Any other suggestions for the handguns is also appreciated.

The Wolff Gunspring Co. makes a spring kit that fits all Vaquero's , Blackhawks, and indeed fits the Ruger Single Sixes in 32 H&R caliber.

I just installed a set in a friends 32 Single Six a few weeks ago. I used the kit with the 17 lb. hammer spring and the 30 Oz. trigger return spring, and it includes the extra power Base Pin spring, which precludes the accidental releasing of the base pin, which will lock up the action.

The gun then had a very nice trigger pull and was quite easy to cock. The 17 lb. hammer springs have proven to be quite sufficient to fire any primer you might use. I however recommend Federal primers, as they are positively ignited by even a 15 lb. hammer spring.

RBK

Ditto the Magic Springs, order the .38/.357 springs since they claim to tune these for primer size. Wolff springs work fine as well.

Like Doc Fillem, I found the Magic Springs to be all the .32 Ruger needs.

Have a pair of 32 Ruger's that I got for my wife to use. Would like to work on them this winter ( it has started in Northern Wisconsin ) Any recomendations on which spring kit works well for this gun? Any other suggestions for the handguns is also appreciated.

Brass for these handguns is often unavailable. Buy some from Starline while it's in stock. For knockdown loads 115 grain bullets do the job.

Archived