SASS Wire Forum

SOLD (2) Colt S.A.A 45C

Slick McClade

*SOLD * Trying to help a pard out, he has 2 3rd gen Colts as new in box , one is a 4 5/8 and the other is a 5 1/2 both are blue/colorcase and in 45C. Both guns have boxes and all the papers. Asking $1150 each and that includes insured UPS shipping to your FFL . FFL must accept from private seller.

Can email pics upon request , but they are standard blue/colorcase colts as new.

Thanks ,

Slick

If Dutch should change his mind I will take them contingent on pictures.

CC

1350420463[/url]' post='2521916']

Pics sent to you guys. These are as new in box with everything sent from the factory including outer white box.

Point of information:Colts,or any other gun for that matter ,are either NIB ,unfired, or used.No such term as "Like New " or "As New'"They are either New meaning unfired and never used, or they are usedDon't kid yourself Guns are either New or Not New...Used...in high end guns like Colts, makes a huge difference price wise and to collectorsFor the price being asked For these Colts,assuming they have been well maintained and have no glaring flaws and are all original( action work actually will detractFrom the price), the Seller's price is extremely fair...condition though and originality as they left the factory, is everything regarding resell prices.

I have not received pics as of this morning. I would like to see them before committing.

Thank you.

CC

I found a mate to my 5.5 2 weeks ago. Current Production 45

The gun store guy took special time to show me how to open the box properly, etc. so that the value was still there.

You should have seen his face when I told him I would be shooting Black Powder in it that weekend.

It shot great.

Point of information:Colts,or any other gun for that matter ,are either NIB ,unfired, or used.No such term as "Like New " or "As New'"They are either New meaning unfired and never used, or they are usedDon't kid yourself Guns are either New or Not New...Used...in high end guns like Colts, makes a huge difference price wise and to collectorsFor the price being asked For these Colts,assuming they have been well maintained and have no glaring flaws and are all original( action work actually will detractFrom the price), the Seller's price is extremely fair...condition though and originality as they left the factory, is everything regarding resell prices.

Sixgun,

Thank you for your very informative NON ask for response to my post. I have a little experence in selling guns ;) about $200,000 a year worth :blink:(NO,these are not my guns,so Mr. Mod please dont delete the post.They are a fellow shooters that came down with lung cancer and needs the money for medical bills. He does not have access to a computer, so as a fellow cowboy I offered to post for him). If I had posted these guns as USED, how many people do you think would have ask the question "what kind of condition are they in?". These guns are in the factory box still in the plastic. The term "like New or "As new" would say to the proposed buyer that the condition of the gun is "As that of a new gun". If they were "NIB", thats not correct either. Once a gun is purchased and the 4473 is filled out and called in to the FBI, they just become a used gun and in MOST cases will not bring the full retail price that the individual just purchased it for. These are 3rd gen colts and from my past dealings these have not become High End collector guns yet. These two revolvers are "As New" meaning with no action work or mods,blemishes or signs of use "AS NEW" guns should be.

I'm sure you meant well by your reply,but if its not your concern or if its not affecting your personal well being then its usally a good idea to leave it alone.

Sorry to everyone else that reads this, but I had to respond ;)

Slick

Oh.... so they're NEW! Just like you said. NEW... as in ....NEW. As in someone owned them and never shot them, never put an action job on them (beyond me how a NEW Colt with a fresh action job by a famous cowboy gunsmith would lower the price to a cowboy shooter anyway :wacko:)

So if they're NEW still in the plastic and the box they came in and they're about as collectible as a Chevy Suburban then why in hell do you suppose another dealer has to pipe in with his opinion?

Slick, you're a heck of a lot nicer about it than I woulda been. Especially when you're doing a favor for a pard down on his luck.

If you want to post your opionion on how to value a gun GET YOUR OWN THREAD. :angry:

I was told they have each had 50 rds thru them so they are NOT NEW , nor like NEW........ Also it went from liver to lung cancer so which is it?? Not trying to be an ass or harsh , this just seems off to me is all.

It's lung cancer and my statement was less than 50 rds. I ask again and he said one cylinder each was fired. I found a receipt in the box , he bought these new in 2007 from me and with tax and all paid $1378.47 each. But anyway who cares they are NOW SOLD!!

dear god it's gonna be a long freaking winter on the wire!!

Maybe Cherokee Charlie will post the condition once he receives them. He bought them with a money back guarantee if not in Like new condition he would get his check back along with refund on shipping. One thing I am is honest and sorry a couple of you are so bored with your life that you had to down the way I posted these guns. Please find a hobby or take up knitting or something and leave us good folks on the wire alone. And to everyone else , have a great night and thanks for your interest in the colts. Mr. Moderator please delete this entire thread!!!! These guns are sold!!!!!

Slick, Glad to hear you got them sold IN SPITE of the Unsolicited and Unwarranted opinions from the peanut gallery. Funny thing, but some of these helpful "contributors" might reconsider their own past activities before complaining about a seller OVER-representing - they know who they are. Nuff said. JK

Slick, Not only was you correct in your posting, I commend you for taking the time to help out a person in need. I have shot with you many times and you are not only fast but a very nice and honest person.

I agree with your posting 100%!!

Why say anything and at a time when a human being is in dire need of help, that is a real shame.

I don't understand why the not asked for information would have been better served by a PM instead of a public posting.

For those who are not aware of what Slick does to provide for his family; he owns and operates a gun store. If you go there, you will be treated with fair and honest respect. Take Care Fairshake

Archived