SASS Wire Forum

Weather for U.S. Open

Iona Vaquero, SASS #48094

I've never been to Illinois. I'm trying to pack and have no idea if I should pack long sleeves or short sleeves. People are telling me that it's going to be miserable, but when I look at the forecast it doesn't seem so bad. Can someone please help me decide what's necessary and what is going to take up valuable RV space?

Yes, it's a girlie question, but heck, I'm a girl so I'm entitled. :)

Well - we are glad that you are visiting Illinois.

I would think that about 80% short sleeve and 20% long

sleeve would be about right for early September.

It doesn't cool down at night here - like in your neck of

the woods. Maybe 1 or 2 pairs or shorts, 1 or 2 pairs of

Capris and 1 or 2 slacks would be about the right mix.

I hope that helps a bit.

- Boneyard Bill (Fashion Consultant to the Stars)

I shot at Sparta last weekend, great place. Always windy. Pack a stampede strap for your hat!

80's and breezy. Sounds like great shooting weather.

Ringer

Doesn't cool down at night??? I looked a Marauder's link and some of those nights are projected to get down into the 60s!!! I'm gonna need long johns and a parka. :(

Holy Moly, It's gonna be down in the 60's?? I'm gonna need my winter clothes then!!

That's "almost snow" weather!

JEL

It sounds like it's going to be cooler than we are this time of year, but not cold, except at night. Madd Mike teases me that I'm a lizard, it goes under 80 degrees and I head for the sweats. When you talk about wind, is that Winter Range type wind or a nice evening breeze? I have stampede strings on most of my hats in any case.

Thanks everyone for helping me. It sounds like my first choices were the correct ones.

It sounds like it's going to be cooler than we are this time of year, but not cold, except at night. Madd Mike teases me that I'm a lizard, it goes under 80 degrees and I head for the sweats. When you talk about wind, is that Winter Range type wind or a nice evening breeze? I have stampede strings on most of my hats in any case.

Thanks everyone for helping me. It sounds like my first choices were the correct ones.

Iona,

The weather here has been beautiful for the last month. We do have some wind normally but it hasn't been bad so far this year. Most of our activities are inside in the evenings and our wind that does show up is usually in the afternoons. The temp shows to be in the 80's with 0%-10% chance of rain as far as I can see right now. Hope that holds out, it will be a great match. Humidity hasn't even been bad this year. Yesterday was only 43%.

Looking forward to a great match,

Bella

Dag gone it...............now I got to git "Capri's"....... :o

Ok - so where does one find "Capri's" ....? :unsure: and what at they.....?? :wacko:

Boy - something different at every match........... :huh:

Regards....Wolf

Ok - so where does one find "Capri's" ....? :unsure: and what at they.....?? :wacko:

Regards....Wolf

For you that would be easy. Just get what regular guys would call shorts, they'd be Capri's on you. ;)

(I'm trying to come up with something other than short jokes Wolf, I really am. But you keep giving me such great straight lines. :lol: )

Regards....Wolf

You're sol because Mercury stopped making Capri's a long time ago.

Archived