SASS Wire Forum

FrankinChester

Hello the camp,

I purchased a Norinco from a good pard last year, bought it mostly for the wood as the guts were from an original 97 and the carrier was ruined.

First thing ya know I have aquired enough parts to put it back together, using original 97 parts again.

I have a pretty nice looking Norinco frame with Winchester Wood and Internals, it feels nice too, until you try shooting it at speed with live ammo, the headspace seems too tight and you have to get CRAZY rough with it to completly close the action.

Any Ideas?

You have probably already seen this but:

Other 97 thread

I suppose you could remove the carrier and then using an empty hull or a dummy, see how the bolt assy./dummy round/chamber fit is without the carrier. If it seems good then possibly the back of the bolt where the carrier locks the bolt forward may need to be custom fit to the carrier.

Hello the camp,

I purchased a Norinco from a good pard last year, bought it mostly for the wood as the guts were from an original 97 and the carrier was ruined.

First thing ya know I have aquired enough parts to put it back together, using original 97 parts again.

I have a pretty nice looking Norinco frame with Winchester Wood and Internals, it feels nice too, until you try shooting it at speed with live ammo, the headspace seems too tight and you have to get CRAZY rough with it to completly close the action.

Any Ideas?

Yes, stop mixing metric and english parts :excl:

Never seen an arm in a 97, and what would that have to do with headspace?

He's talking about the operating rod attached to the wood forearm and the carrier under the bolt. The solid frame and take-down frame have different lengths. Can't mix them up.

Jake

This is TOO FUNNY!

Here's what you said on another post regarding 97's:

Best thing is to take it to a qualified smith

Seriously, put the screw drivers down...you're going to hurt someone.

Phantom

:FlagAm:

Archived