SASS Wire Forum

THIS OLD KNIFE

Guest Texas Jack Black

Guest Texas Jack Black

I just received from my 85 year old father in laws estate a Bolo This is unusual as it has Stag for the handles . The sheath is black marked Bauer bros.1918. One side of hilt marked U.S.Mod 1917 the other side marked Plumb Phila. The Bolo looks unused and is a beautiful deep blue. He has had this wrapped up in a treunk for 60 years any info would be of great help. He was in the Pacific at the start of WW11

I can't help with any information, but sooner or later someone is gonna chime in with :

This thread is useless without pictures!

So it might as well be me, get it over with you know. :lol:

Sounds like you have a wonderful inheritance though.

Guest Texas Jack Black

Pictures would add nothing to this mystery It is a Bolo but this one has stags and is a deep blue with a black sheath all the markings are as expected.

We don't care if it would add nothing to the mystery. We wanna see it! :lol:

Guest Texas Jack Black

I also thought the stags were added after market BUT, they are marked U.S. on the backs and these issue sheaths are never black this is a black sheath with black leather marked Brauer Bros.1918 just like the drab olive issue ones.My father in laws brother says it belonged to their father and that he was stationed in the Pacific with Pershing.

Guest Texas Jack Black

Yup' That is what we are talking about except this one has a black sheath and stags and is unused It was wrapped in a towel in an attic trunk for years It looks like it was made today.

Yup. Sure would like to see a pic. :rolleyes:

...pics, where are the pics? ...inquiring minds and all.... <_<

Archived