SASS Wire Forum

New Category System

The entertainment is there buckle or not.

But being World Champion should mean something.

And not just I was the only one.

You still get to shoot and have all the other fun with you friends.

So the entertainment is still there.

yup

I agree

entertainment galore is available at EOT

Friends galore are available at EOT

and yes

being 1st in any category should mean you compete against others

its not rocket sices :D:huh::lol:;)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crosscut,

You can shoot duelist in the cattle baron class against the other cattle baron's that are shooting 2 handed. It will not be a duelist class. If you want to shoot against other duelist's then you will want to shoot in Senior duelist.

Wanted to make sure that you were awware of this.

Painted Filly

That is not the impression I got from reading the Tex's article in the Chronicale. But then I've beeen wrong so many times it doesn't matter if I'm wrong again. But you should be able to shoot against duelists only in the Cattle Baron group! And the two hand shooters could shoot against the other two handed shooters in the Cattle Baron group.

I know a couple of places where it is done that way.

Presently most places make me shoot against those 10 years or more younger than me. Before the shoot ever starts I know where I will end up. Dead last. Thats ok I get a lot more shooting time than most of the other shooters

and have as much or more fun.

Crosscut Jack

:unsure:

^_^

-_-

Jack, so ya want Cattle Baron DUelist? Next will be Cattle Baron Gunfighter, not to mention the black powder Cattle Baron catagories also. Then everyone can be happy. :lol: :lol:

yu know what? we all pay our dues to SASS, we support SASS that way, we support our local clubs by being members and shooting there, we support other clubs by shooting at their clubs, whether local shoots, annuals, state, regional, national and EOT. It is just not right for EOT not to support shooters who have paid their dues. I don't care if it's only one shooter in a class, they have paid their dues all along the way, they shouldn't be short changed.

If you want to see EOT grow and be more profitable for SASS/The Wild Bunch, then keep the shooters happy and treat them with the respect they have earned by paying their dues.

agin, jus my 2 cents,

cheyenne ;)

+1....$45 annual dues; $200 EOT entry; $35 banquet ticket- $280 you'd think that there might be $5 in there somewhere to cover the cost of a trophy.

Just an update, I have not had a reply to the e-mail I sent to Misty at the office, other than the automated one that said I would be hearing from them soon. Hum!!!!!!!!!!

so how about

in the future

they just put a buckel in each entry package

and then

forget the awards, cuz they dont really mean much

wow, I go home and tell all my friends that I am first place in the world, but I had no competition

geeeeese

arrrrg

oh well

teee-heee :);):)

yu know what? we all pay our dues to SASS, we support SASS that way, we support our local clubs by being members and shooting there, we support other clubs by shooting at their clubs, whether local shoots, annuals, state, regional, national and EOT. It is just not right for EOT not to support shooters who have paid their dues. I don't care if it's only one shooter in a class, they have paid their dues all along the way, they shouldn't be short changed.

If you want to see EOT grow and be more profitable for SASS/The Wild Bunch, then keep the shooters happy and treat them with the respect they have earned by paying their dues.

agin, jus my 2 cents,

cheyenne ;)

To CC and BK,

I mentioned that economics says to give awards to all catagories, plus some, attract the folks, make them happy. Let them get a warm and fuzzy feeling, let them believe they are king for the day and life will be good. Just keep raising the fees (more and better awards) till the economic bell curve peaks on the high point.

I am amazed now how much people spend for a $5 10th place buckle at the bigger shoots.

BTW, most do not support the local clubs, matchs, regionals and above. They tell us,,, "They pay" their money and 'expect' a certain level of entertainment. If they don't get the value, they say "they will walk". Just like going to the circus or carnival, if the attendees don't get a trinket at the toss the ball into cup booth for a prize, they don't come back to the carnival.

To CC and BK,

I mentioned that economics says to give awards to all catagories, plus some, attract the folks, make them happy. Let them get a warm and fuzzy feeling, let them believe they are king for the day and life will be good. Just keep raising the fees (more and better awards) till the economic bell curve peaks on the high point.

I am amazed now how much people spend for a $5 10th place buckle at the bigger shoots.

BTW, most do not support the local clubs, matchs, regionals and above. They tell us,,, "They pay" their money and 'expect' a certain level of entertainment. If they don't get the value, they say "they will walk". Just like going to the circus or carnival, if the attendees don't get a trinket at the toss the ball into cup booth for a prize, they don't come back to the carnival.

I don't know where you shoot at Blastmaster but that is not the feeling at any club that I've shot a match. most don't care about door prizes and such, belt buckles are apreciated, especially for those shooters who haven't won one before. it is sorta like the rodeo, the best feeling comes from hearing your name called and basking in a few moments of glory. I have NEVEER heard a shooter complain about not getting trinkets or such and most I know would rather the monies be put into the club in the form of targets or such.

However, they do expect to get to shoot their chosen category. Fact most likely is, is that if you don't have a category it will cost you money, because few shooters come to a shoot alone. Cut one out of the herd and you're likely to lose two or three more.

If you want the shoot to make money, keep the folks smiling!!!! Happy people spend money and they will come back.

Cheyenne, whose been around the block once or twice, Culpepper :D

Archived