SASS Wire Forum

Loading Manual

Curley Cole, SASS #56849

I keep telling folks to buy the Lee book, Modern Reloading. Well today I got a Midway flyer and they have the book, Dr Richard Lees "Modern Reloading" on sale for only $13.98

It is such a good deal. I think I might get one just because mine is the first edition and this is the Second....

just passing on a good deal...

good shootin

curley

I keep telling folks to buy the Lee book, Modern Reloading. Well today I got a Midway flyer and they have the book, Dr Richard Lees "Modern Reloading" on sale for only $13.98

It is such a good deal. I think I might get one just because mine is the first edition and this is the Second....

just passing on a good deal...

good shootin

curley

The second edition has lead bullet loads for rifles and several new sections. A very good reloading book and a good buy.

I find that as years have gone by, the other loading books have gotten lost but I know where the Lee books at all times.

Bought a LEE book read it cover to cover ,,,, Don't have a clue where it is and couldn't care less....

It is a very amateurish work and over simplified to the point of mis-leading and is filled with theory unsuported by modern ballistic science ...

Perhaps I am being a little hard on this volume as Ballistics is my field of endever ...

But I much prefer such volumes as Lyman #48 or #49 ,,, Lyman "Pistol & Revolver Handbook" second or third edition,,,

Or Ken Waters' " Pet Loads"

Jabez Cowboy

JC

Sorry you feel that way, but I waas suggesting it mostly for new shooters. But I still keep mine around....I think it is a good book...but that is just MY opinion.

curley

JC

Sorry you feel that way, but I waas suggesting it mostly for new shooters. But I still keep mine around....I think it is a good book...but that is just MY opinion.

curley

Agreed... :)

I have Lyman #49, and insert copies of reloading data I find on the Web at the appropriate places (like from the Hodgdon site).

The Lymans Book is probably the premier book for the average reloader, but Richard Lee's Book is a good one for the beginner. I also have the Pet Loads by Ken Waters that are a treasure of information for the advanced reloader.

While the LEE book is a pretty good source of information, IMHO the Lymans is the better publication of the two.

RBK

The Lymans Book is probably the premier book for the average reloader, but Richard Lee's Book is a good one for the beginner. I also have the Pet Loads by Ken Waters that are a treasure of information for the advanced reloader.

While the LEE book is a pretty good source of information, IMHO the Lymans is the better publication of the two.

RBK

I have always said the Lee book was a starting place. I personally have 3 other manuals including my Speer from when I first started reloading. Also have several "booklets" from various powder companys.

curley

Geez John Boy, didn't know anybody else had ever heard of that book, let alone still be able to find 'em!

Yes, Jabez Cowboy, you were a little harsh, tho' not by much. It's better than nothin'! While I believe you can't have too many reloading manuals, none of them will do you any good if you don't read 'em. But even that doesn't ensure even a modicum of understanding.

Archived