SASS Wire Forum

Nice little 22 the new 7/8 scale Browing

Texas Man

I was out at Acadamy sports last night and noticed they had the new 22 Browning 7/8 scale in stock. That is one nice little gun and will prove to be one of those that you will keep the rest of Your life. Browning has a winner here. I have always wished Colt would do the same with the SAA in 22 on a 7/8 scale. One of the finest single action pistols I have is a new in the box USAF 7 1/2 inch barrel with the extra 22 mag cyclinder. It is case harden and early Colt style bluing and looks 100% like a new Colt. I have a bunch of three screw Rugers and enjoy them but the new Rugers I can never get over the darn trigger setting halfway up the trigger guard instead of towards the rear like on a Colt.

Texas Man

I've got plus-sized hands, so the little Browning isn't for me, unfortunately.

Any one know about the GSG .22LR 1911?

I was out at Acadamy sports last night and noticed they had the new 22 Browning 7/8 scale in stock. That is one nice little gun and will prove to be one of those that you will keep the rest of Your life. Browning has a winner here. I have always wished Colt would do the same with the SAA in 22 on a 7/8 scale. One of the finest single action pistols I have is a new in the box USAF 7 1/2 inch barrel with the extra 22 mag cyclinder. It is case harden and early Colt style bluing and looks 100% like a new Colt. I have a bunch of three screw Rugers and enjoy them but the new Rugers I can never get over the darn trigger setting halfway up the trigger guard instead of towards the rear like on a Colt.

Texas Man

Do you mean like this..... http://www.icollector.com/images/1159/14769/14769_0757_2_lg.jpg

Colt made these guns from the late fifties till about 1986. They are still around at gun shows.

These guns were 7/8 frame guns. Kinda like a Ruger Single Six vs a Ruger Blackhawk.

Big Jake

Texas Man: thanks for the info. I just might cruise to our local Academy Sports and check em out.

Uno Mas: I have the Sig Sauer 1911/22 and I have been told y a gun dealer that it is the same pistol as the GSG 1911/22.

My Sig is also made in Germany.

It shoots fantastic and very reliable. I have a friend who also has one and its top notch also.

..........Widder

The GSG1911 and Sig1911 are the same gun made by the same company. Only difference I have seen from owning the GSG and carefully looking over the Sig is the name on the box is different, the Sig has reddish-tint diamond-checked grips with "SigSauer" carved in them, and the Sig's are about $30 to $50 more.

My GSG is a blast to shoot, has been impeccably reliable with Federal bulk pack (copper-washed bullets) and CCI minimags, accuracy is "good" in my opinion for the distances I shoot (7 to 25 yards) although I don't have empirical data to share. I got 2 extra mags and use it as a low-cost practice for my personal protection evolutions.

Regards, BGood

Just got one and have fired a couple hundred rounds through it without a hiccup. Can't imagine what more you would want from a 22lr 1911. Head and shoulders above some other offerings out there.....at a moderate cost!

The size and look of the Browning are wonderful. The only things I didn't like were that it appears to be made out of die cast zinc or some other non-ferrous metal and is surprisingly light. It also costs over $500.00 which is a lot more than some of the other .22 1911's on the market. I still may get one because it does look good and feels good in my hands.

The size and look of the Browning are wonderful. The only things I didn't like were that it appears to be made out of die cast zinc or some other non-ferrous metal and is surprisingly light. It also costs over $500.00 which is a lot more than some of the other .22 1911's on the market. I still may get one because it does look good and feels good in my hands.

The Browning 1911-22 is made of aluminum alloy, and comes out of the same plant in Utah that produces the Buckmark .22. All US made, according to them.

Archived