SASS Wire Forum

Marlin 1894 Production Restart

Gold Canyon Kid #43974

There are a lot of rumors floating around on the internet today about the Marlin 1894 production being terminated, including a thread on the SASS Wire Saloon. I just talked to Marlin customer service and they claim this is absolutely false. They claim production on the 1894 will be restarted in first quarter 2012. Let's all hope they are correct!

Howdy GCK.

Over on the 'MarlinOwners' website, a couple (1 or 2) of the posters have commented about just buying a new Rem produced Marlin this past couple weeks and that the rifles are great, even with very nice wood.

And if my memory serves me correctly, they were referring to the 1894 model.

Heck, I didn't even know they were back in production yet. Thanks for checking it out and sharing the info.

I'm hoping they focus on some Cowboy guns again. Sure would like to tinker with a new one.

..........Widder

Howdy GCK.

Over on the 'MarlinOwners' website, a couple (1 or 2) of the posters have commented about just buying a new Rem produced Marlin this past couple weeks and that the rifles are great, even with very nice wood.

And if my memory serves me correctly, they were referring to the 1894 model.

Heck, I didn't even know they were back in production yet. Thanks for checking it out and sharing the info.

I'm hoping they focus on some Cowboy guns again. Sure would like to tinker with a new one.

..........Widder

Widder, I hope they can correct the issues when they restart production, the last 3 I tinkered with were anything but fun and 1 had awful wood with the plastic buttplate glued to it. After removing the screws there was no way to get the plate off without breaking it.

Hopefully it will get better.

Randy

Archived