SASS Wire Forum

Veterans' Day. Pass the word

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

November 11 is veterans' Day. Lots of places are doing great things for Vets and

active duty military. Applebee's and Hooters have free food. Those are only two that I

know of, but there are many more. Look around.

If you are a vet, or know a vet, get the word out. I'll be in Las Vegas at my daughter's

wedding, but the whole wedding party...about 15 people...is planning on going to

Applebee's between the ceremony and the official dinner later in the evening.

Hey, two birds, one stone. What can I say? Free food is free food.

Many Many miles to an Applebees from here, but the high school is putting on a concert for all the town's vets on Thursday.

I hear there may be doughnuts. :wub:

Many Many miles to an Applebees from here, but the high school is putting on a concert for all the town's vets on Thursday.

I hear there may be doughnuts. :wub:

Donuts and retired lawdawgs? How does that work out? :unsure:

Donuts and retired lawdawgs? How does that work out? :unsure:

Not well for the others if I'm first in line. :lol:

Golden Corral "Military Appreciation Day," (read that free food) is Monday, November 14th.

Major Payne :FlagAm:

• 2 weeks later...

November 11 is veterans' Day. Lots of places are doing great things for Vets and

active duty military. Applebee's and Hooters have free food. Those are only two that I

know of, but there are many more. Look around.

If you are a vet, or know a vet, get the word out. I'll be in Las Vegas at my daughter's

wedding, but the whole wedding party...about 15 people...is planning on going to

Applebee's between the ceremony and the official dinner later in the evening.

Hey, two birds, one stone. What can I say? Free food is free food.

Got 'er done. The ceremony was a bit late, so they opted to delay it even more. Came off on 11/11/11 at 12:34 PM. (11 11 11 1234, get it?) instead of 11:00 AM. The ceremony was at the Nellis AFB chapel and just as the Padre said Don could kiss his bride The Thunderbirds roared overhead as a part of the air show. Unplanned, but really cool.

Went to the Officer's Club for a great lunch. I saw tables set and food served properly for the first time in over 30years, wonderful service, and almost no one else in the place.

Applebee's was nearly perfect and when My wife mentioned we had a newlywed couple at the able Sharon F., our waitress went out of her way to bring a huge chocolate and ice cream mess to the table with 7 spoons.

I got my first son-in-law, and first (step) granddaughter all in one swoop.

Good day. Got back home yesterday before PM.

Archived