SASS Wire Forum

What is the Best way to sent firearms thru UPS

JW Cherokee

Go to a Hub, the UPS Stores won't, don't know how!!

+1 Handguns must go over night. Long guns can be sent 3 day. You will have to show evidence that they are going to an FFL.

Anything firearms related has to go to a UPS hub. The satellite franchises are independently run. They are not required to follow UPS policies, and if they don't like guns they can refuse your shipment and there's nothing you can do about it.

-Solo Sam

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

My recommendation is to use an FFL.

Whatever you decide,

stay out of the "UPS STORE"!!!! Bad mojo!

Go directly to the UPS depot.

IMOO, MG

Howdy,

Ive had good results sending rifles thru the us post office.

I remove the buttstock and wrap it well and wrap the barrel/action.

Then wrap both together. Remember to put the destination address on

both the action and buttstock. I never use those awful foam bits.

Dont use anything that can shift around.

And tape the edges of the box so it slides real easy.

The us post office will want you to fill out one one page form.

Its usual address stuff, insure and ship.

Yes us regular sitizens kin mail long guns.

Not handguns, gotta havea ffl fer that.

Best

CR

Can someone shed some light on this for me? Why am I supposedly required to ship a handgun overnite @ a cost of $70.00 - $80.00 but dealers/wholesalers ship handguns to me and it only costs around $12.00?

I confronted the guy at UPS in charge about this and all I got was a lame they shouldn't do this as he bolted for the door.

I find it hard to believe that companies that do this are intentally breaking the law.

Can someone shed some light on this for me? Why am I supposedly required to ship a handgun overnite @ a cost of $70.00 - $80.00 but dealers/wholesalers ship handguns to me and it only costs around $12.00?

I confronted the guy at UPS in charge about this and all I got was a lame they shouldn't do this as he bolted for the door.

I find it hard to believe that companies that do this are intentally breaking the law.

Very simply...... they have a business and a contract that also deals in quantities. UPS also has the competition of Fedex. If you meet all of the conditions and criteria incl. an FFL you can get the same rate.

Archived