SASS Wire Forum

Mini-crime wave in Valliant, OK Wed. night.

Pulp, SASS#28319

Got home from WalMart about 10:30 last night, neighbor was waiting for me. He wanted me to check storage sheds etc, someone had broken into his house and got his big TV. Left a bunch of tools and stuff. I checked around the house and sheds, then checked my pickup. They got my spotting scope, fortunately a cheap one, but left binocs, rod and reel, box of .22 shells, and all the other stuff necessary for the proper operation of a country truck. I flagged down the local PD as they were driving by and reported my spotting scope. They drove on down to a friend's house, her back door was kicked in, but nothing stolen. Tools, etc were all left alone. Alleged perps are already in jail on non-related charges. One had a felony warrant from Little Rock, Arkansas; another had a hot check warrant from Norman, OK. None of our stuff was in their house.

Getting burgled leaves you with a feeling of cold rage. I know I was pretty PO'd when I got hit.

Lost a mower, chainsaw, snowblower and none of it was ever recovered. Caught the perps - crackheads who were making a career of stealing power lawn equipment. One guy admitted to stealing $30,000 worth of tools and trading it all for drugs in a six month span. He's still a guest of the state.

Had my garage broken into once 30 years ago. Had my truck broken into about a year ago. Both times by druggies. These two experiences just verified to me why I would make a lousy cop. I wanted to shoot 'em both and leave their worthless carcasses in a ditch somewhere. I figured they lost their right to juris prudence the minute they broke the law. See? That's not the right way to think. :wacko:

Slim... Ain't y'all ever heard the expression.." Some people are alive simply cause its again' the law to kill em"?

And I think yer thinkin' is absolutely right! Its the bleedin' hearts thinkin' that is wrong!

Jest buy all yer quick lime from lots of different stores in different cities.......

Tascosa

PS.. One old cop that broke me in told me.. "If we were really Peace Officers we kill a lot more people"

To quote me dear departed ex-father-in-law when he found out I was dating his daughter..."son, I've got 32 acres and a shovel out back. Just remember that.." He and I became fast friends.

Mingo

Sounds like my kind of guy.

Archived