SASS Wire Forum

Wild Fires in East Texas

owen judice

Channel 7 out of Tyler Tx is reporting that some of the wild fires in East Texas this past week may have been arson. The Troublemakers had our monthly match Saturday and there was a fire less then a mile from the range. when we left work Tuesday we could see 2 clouds of smoke and saw a third closer to home, it is getting spooky around here. Still no chance of rain for a least a week.

Unfortunately some of the fires are a case of arson and some are a case of stupid. Lawlessness and disorder are getting too comon, one in particular is the "flash mob" acts. This is just another good argument for AR 15's.

Drifter

We deal with the same problem here is California. I'v fought some of the Big Fires here, and they are indeed Spooky. Texas is in my prayers at this time.

Snakebite

Most wildfires are natural or accidentally caused. Because of the inherent publicity such a fire generates, there are almost always arson incidents in the weeks following.

I knew a young volunteer fireman who turned out to be an arsonist. :angry:

Yup, things are seriously dry all over the State, and it doesn't take much to start a blaze - and once started, it'll get out of control quickly. Could-a used one of those tropical storms out this way.

You got that absoultely right! We need a hurricane to come right up the center of Texas. I have never seen the ground this dry and withdrawn. I have to run soaker hoses around the house and the shop ontop of the lawn sprinklers going twice a week.

Archived