SASS Wire Forum

2011 Iowa State Shoot

The Iowa shoot for 2011 is in the books!!!

Congratulations to Missalotta T and Wild Ben Raymond the State Champions!!!!

The Fort Des Moines Rangers put on a great event. Everything ran smoothly and everyone had a great time. Thanks to all of the workers that made it a shoot to remember. It gets better every year and I can't wait until next year.

KC

Top Overall Man--Two Wheel Tom

Top Overall Lady--Missalotta T

It was a great match, this was the first time the Fort Des Moines Rangers put on a State Match, everything ran smoothly, they did a bang up job, congratulations to the Fort Des Moines Rangers for there efforts, it was fairly warm those 3 days, in the high 80's to low 90's with the humidity, it sprinkled on the match as soon as it started, maybe 1 hour or so on Sat morning.

Congratulations to all the winners in each class, thanks for the vendors also

Congratulations to Chili Pepper Kid for Spirit of the Game for Posse 1

All for now JD Trampas

Rick:

As efficient as the FDMR are, it probably won't be long before scores are up. Great match, really good facility, and some very friendly and interesting people. Awards were well appreciated...buckles to 1st, 2nd, & 3rd! Our locals: The Partners took 1st in classes, Silverado Rider got his third straight Iowa State Championship in FC AND his first-ever clean match, Whiskey Rick took 3rd in class, and J.R. Rider received a posse Spirit of the Game award. I think that's it, apologies if I missed anyone. We plan on returning next year, especially after Pit Mule promised to arrange for some black powder breezes for both days instead of just one...

Count Sandor

Thanks to Posse 1 for the Spirit of the Game Award. It was an honor to be your Posse Marshal. I would ride the river with any of ya. Even with the heat everyone worked hard and looked out for each other. My hats off ta ya.

Chili Pepper Kid

Cowboy Rick, any class you interested in and who won??

All for now JD Trampas

Any class you got I can use. I've been accused of not having much! :lol:

I'm just interesten in nosing around the final sheet so I can poke fun in the right places. Count Sandor filled me in on a few I was intersted in, I'll just wait to see the rest.

Thanks!

CR

Thanks to everyone who helped make the 2011 Iowa State SASS Shoot a success -- had a great time meeting new friends and seeing "old" ones. Was hoping to have scores posted tonight, but having computer issues (go figure) so it might be a day or two -- but I'll let you all know when they're on the Fort Des Moines Rangers' website -- again, thanks to all who were able to come, hope to see ya all next year along with many new faces.

My apologies to any who thought my scoring was taking too long on Sunday (although we did start the awards a little before the 1:00 scheduled time) -- was having computer issues at that time and trying to make everything come out OK for all. However, I owe Surly Bob a hugh apology -- he got left off of the awards sheet. He was 1st in the Frontier Cartridge Duelist Category and the Iowa State Winner for that category. CONGRATULATIONS SURLY BOB -- I will have your buckle at Logan this month.

Miss Kitty Morris

Here is a list I complied at the shoot, if wrong, I'm truly sorry, I wrote them down as the best I could

Overall man--Two Wheel Tom NE

Overall lady--Missalotta T IA

IA State Champ Men--Wild Ben Raymond IA

IA State Champ Lady--Missalotta T IA

49er--Two Wheel Tom NE

Buckaroo--Lake Shore Ranger--IA

Young Guns Girls--Gunslinger Grace IA

B-western--Bramble Mountain Buzzard MN

Cowboy--Timber Jack Thompson MN

Wrangler--Captain Jim Midnight IA

Duelist--Don Tuco--IA

Senior Duelist--Steel Tree--NE

Senior--Creek IA

Mens Silver Senior--El Viego NE

Ladies Silver Senior--Charming NV

Ladies Wrangler--Missalotta T IA

Elder Statesman--Two Gun Jim IA

Frontier Cartridge--Silverado Rider IA

Frontier Cartridge Duelist--Surly Bob IA

Frontiersman--Flatbush WI

Gunfighter--Partner IL

Ladies Gunfighter--Partner's Partner IL

Ladies Senior--Lily Butterfly IA

Ladies 49er--Kalamity Horeshoe IA

Ladies Duelist--Songbird MN

Classic Cowboy--Kaycee McCaylum MN

These are the winners if I'm not mistaken, which if I am, SORRY, I know quite a few are wondering about the winners and being Miss Kitty is having PC problems, thought I would post this, hopefully she will get them up ASAP, now as for 2nd and 3rd place winners, didn't write them down, hopefully I have this right, guess when she posts the scores everyone will know then

All for now JD Trampas

P.S. As you can see from this, we had people from NV, WI, MN, IA, MO, IL, we even a man from Cailf, he was visiting relatives so that work out for him. I'm not sure of all the states that people came from, but quite a few

JD -- thanks for all the great info. Some of the great guys I work with have my laptop taken care of -- bad news is that I had to re-enter all the match info. All the names are in, posses assigned again and have started redoing scores (checking and double checking) so I am hoping that this will be done tonight (stayed up until 11:30 last night) and I can get everything posted on FDMR's website -- www.fortdesmoinesrangers.org -- tomorrow at the latest.

If I only didn't have to work for a living, but oh well -- life goes on. Keep an eye out -- I'll let everyone know when this task is finished -- appreciate your patience.

Miss Kitty Morris

Here is a list I complied at the shoot, if wrong, I'm truly sorry, I wrote them down as the best I could

Overall man--Two Wheel Tom NE

Overall lady--Missalotta T IA

IA State Champ Men--Wild Ben Raymond IA

IA State Champ Lady--Missalotta T IA

49er--Two Wheel Tom NE

Buckaroo--Lake Shore Ranger--IA

Young Guns Girls--Gunslinger Grace IA

B-western--Bramble Mountain Buzzard MN

Cowboy--Timber Jack Thompson MN

Wrangler--Captain Jim Midnight IA

Duelist--Don Tuco--IA

Senior Duelist--Steel Tree--NE

Senior--Creek IA

Mens Silver Senior--El Viego NE

Ladies Silver Senior--Charming NV

Ladies Wrangler--Missalotta T IA

Elder Statesman--Two Gun Jim IA

Frontier Cartridge--Silverado Rider IA

Frontier Cartridge Duelist--Surly Bob IA

Frontiersman--Flatbush WI

Gunfighter--Doc Horseshoe

Ladies Gunfighter--Partner's Partner IL

Ladies Senior--Lily Butterfly IA

Ladies 49er--Kalamity Horeshoe IA

Ladies Duelist--Songbird MN

Classic Cowboy--Kaycee McCaylum MN

These are the winners if I'm not mistaken, which if I am, SORRY, I know quite a few are wondering about the winners and being Miss Kitty is having PC problems, thought I would post this, hopefully she will get them up ASAP, now as for 2nd and 3rd place winners, didn't write them down, hopefully I have this right, guess when she posts the scores everyone will know then

All for now JD Trampas

P.S. As you can see from this, we had people from NV, WI, MN, IA, MO, IL, we even a man from Cailf, he was visiting relatives so that work out for him. I'm not sure of all the states that people came from, but quite a few

There is one correction that I see right now:

The 1st place winner for Gunfighter was Partner from IL; Doc Horseshoe was the Iowa winner for this category, coming in 2nd in the category.

Miss Kitty Morris

I made the correction in my post with the winners, hope everything is else is ok and truly sorry for the mistake, old age catching up and my hearing is not good any more, LOL, if any other mistakes I can correct them, sorry Partner

I'm not to sure if I want to see the scores, I came in third in Senior Duelist, had a really bad day Sat and Sun was much better, but my total scores for each stage are just about what I do in a regular match, so was happy with the outcome and had a bunch of fun and met new people, and it was the first time I ever went to a cowboy church

All for now JD Trampas

I sure wish the overall scores would get posted....

Wanna see how I did against the rest of the crowd

Bramble Mountain Buzzard -- YOUR WISH IS GRANTED -- check out www.fortdesmoinesrangers.org they are there.

Everyone -- thanks for your patience -- normally I have scores posted within a day or so of a FDMR match if not the same day. However, like I said my computer dumped all the scores and I had to reenter them all. But -- they are now on the website.

It was great having everyone with us -- can promise that next well be even better. Next week we will be starting our 1st planning session for the 2011 Iowa State SASS Championship.

Miss Kitty Morris

Archived