SASS Wire Forum

Bexar County Sergeant Murdered

DocDisaster # 45431

San Antonio, Texas

Bexar County Sheriff's Office

Deputy Sheriff Sergeant Kenneth "Ken" Vann

End Of Watch: 05-28-11

Sergeant Kenneth Vann, 45, was executed when gunned down in an ambush shooting. At 0205 hrs., while on patrol and stopped at an intersection waiting for a red light to change, a vehicle drove up beside the Sgt.'s cruiser on his passenger side and opened fire with a high-caliber weapon that appears to have been a semi-auto. Multiple rounds were fired into the patrol car, striking down our Brother. He never even had time to hit his emergency button. As back-up came rushing to the scene, they found the cruiser, still in gear and rolled passed the intersection, with Sergeant Kenneth Vann deceased from multiple gunshot wounds. The Cop Killer(s) remains at large.

Semper Fortis

hope they use a dirty needle....or maybe he will "resist arrest" and save us all some tax dollars.

May he rest in peace! May his killers never rest!

Quick Draw Grandpa

I sure hope someone saves the Tax payers some money and saves his family the pain of having to endure a trial!!!

I hope the spineless coward, is tracked down, killed and burns in Hell for all eternity...

Semper Fortis

Doc

Damn this is bad news, I knew officer Ken Vann and He was a fine man. This is Texas and the killer will pay a high price when he is caught. Another State Officer just last month was shot at as he had a car pulled over just South of S.A. on 35 S. I think I may start carrying a Ruger 223 or a mini 30 in my car as well as the 12 ga. I carry now. Texas is a dangerouse state to live in and always has been.

Texas Man

Deepest condolences to his family and brothers.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on this. The "alleged" gunman was arrested on Sunday and a rifle consistant with the one used in the murder was recovered. Ballistics confirmed it was the rifle used. May Sgt. Vann RIP and the other, not so much.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Gun-seized-during-arrest-matches-one-used-in-1413555.php

This saddens me deeply, May he RIP and his family, brothers and friends find some kind of peace knowing the murderer has been caught.

Rifle used was a MP 15 S&W 223 and the rifle matches the murder gun. It seems it was a killing was unplanned and looks like the killer will plea he was drinking and on depressants. I saw the guy on tv when he was bought in and they got him as he was sleeping. Looks like he has already had some Texas Justice from the looks of his face and the blood on his cheek. His buddies wife called him in and stands to collect $127,000 in reward money. It is still unknow why he picked Vann to shoot and I head he fired over 20 shots with 11 to the head and at first it was thought he used a full auto but test show the gun was seim-auto.

Had he not told his best friend about what he had done that night with instuctions not to tell anyone including his wife that the case would have been much harder to solve. I would sure like to be on his jury.

Texas Man

Archived