SASS Wire Forum

Washington State FFA convention

Red Steele

I realize that I am very biased but one of our very own SASS members just was announced as a team member on the winning team of Greenhand (first year) CDE. Zee Steele is on that team and they had a very successful convention. His team of 7 placed number 1 out of 60 teams from all across the state.

In addition to taking a written test dealing with the history of FFA and other ag related topics they have to do a presentation as team on a randomly selected topic.

Zee joined FFA because he wanted to shoot on their trap team. Not bad for a "city" kid. I have deep roots in ag but I have raised my kids in town. They have both done great things over the years but if you know Zee you might be surprised that he would volunteer to "perform" in front of a large group.

I am at work tonight and watching the convention via the internet, you should have seen the smile on his face when they announced that they had won!! Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!

Red (proud daddy) Steele

I realize that I am very biased but one of our very own SASS members just was announced as a team member on the winning team of Greenhand (first year) CDE. Zee Steele is on that team and they had a very successful convention. His team of 7 placed number 1 out of 60 teams from all across the state.

In addition to taking a written test dealing with the history of FFA and other ag related topics they have to do a presentation as team on a randomly selected topic.

Zee joined FFA because he wanted to shoot on their trap team. Not bad for a "city" kid. I have deep roots in ag but I have raised my kids in town. They have both done great things over the years but if you know Zee you might be surprised that he would volunteer to "perform" in front of a large group.

I am at work tonight and watching the convention via the internet, you should have seen the smile on his face when they announced that they had won!! Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!

Red (proud daddy) Steele

Way cool! I am a (used to be parent) coach for our FFA chapter's Ag Issues team. FFA kids are a great bunch, and when they win some sort of recognition at state convention the smiles are truly amazing!

Both of my kids are long gone from high school, but I still keep coaching because the kids really appreciate any time that anyone will give to them...

Congratulations!

Every contest in FFA that I was involved in was TOUGH (we never got past District for anything). To get to State and win is an accomplishment. I don't remember if there's a Nationals for it but if there is, good luck.

Thank you!! I spent this morning talking with him and it sounds like they had some tough competition. I was able to watch the awards ceremony via the internet here at work. Sure took me back to my high school days when we attended state convention.

There is no competition beyond state for these kids, freshman. Their advisor wants them to remain a team next year so they will try another category.

Thanks again for all the well wishes.

Red

Archived