SASS Wire Forum

Ca. pards attn:

Rye Miles #13621

Again an assault begins on you Ca. pards in the antigun bills in the house and senate. Look /em up on NRA/ILA website or on Calguns.com

One will supposedley ban virtually all rifle and pistol ammo, another makes BB guns look like toys and one makes up a "LONG GUN registration. Eeeegads..........ya'll better start callin yer elected yahoos on these! :wacko: Rye

I just tried to e-mail that DeLeon idiot, the server won't allow my e-mail through because I am not in his district. Shouldn't it be a law that if he is going to introduce laws that effect the STATE, that the people of the state should be able to e-mail him and let him know how much of a dumba$$ he is? :angry:

Another thought.

Is it possible that they introduce these laws to get us to panic, go out and buy more guns and ammo to increase the income for the state?

Wow that would be brilliant. That would take one smart guy to come up with that.

I HIGHLY doubt that's what they are doing.

we call, THEY dont listen

hud

Yep. Now, if ALL gun owners in CA called or wrote or emailed every week expressing concerns about their support of anti-civil rights legislation, it might make a difference.

And call it just that - anti-civil rights. Not anti-gun.

Deacon Joe, that is brilliant!

Imagine writing a letter to the editor of your local paper complaining about how the elected yahoo continuously ignores your e-mails & calls complaining about his anti-civil rights stance. Don't mention any specific right, e.g. 2A. Just be real general about it.

They always use half-truths and innuendos against gun owners. Time to use their own tactics against them.

I just tried to e-mail that DeLeon idiot, the server won't allow my e-mail through because I am not in his district. Shouldn't it be a law that if he is going to introduce laws that effect the STATE, that the people of the state should be able to e-mail him and let him know how much of a dumba$$ he is? :angry:

Contact your own reps instead. The ones you vote for (or against).

Deleon wouldn't be likely to change his mind or listen to you points anyway and you have no leverage with him.

Contact your own reps instead. The ones you vote for (or against).

Deleon wouldn't be likely to change his mind or listen to you points anyway and you have no leverage with him.

Or contact the committee chair.

Hmmm....do both.

They come from districts where Democrats are a voting majority. Gun Control is just part of the Democrat Party agenda.

That is part of it.

(rant on)

The other part, the major part I think, is that gun owners as a class, pretty much sit on their kiesters or stand around in gun shops or at the range whining at each other about how bad things are instead of putting a tenth of that energy into being politically active with calls, letters, and emails to their elected representatives. Say 15k gun owners in an assembly district (roughly 400,000 people so 15k isn't a big stretch of the imagination for a district) were to call that member of the Assembly each week. Say each call took 3 minutes - not long and not unusual - that would eat up 750 man hours each week. As it is, I doubt that any single CA legislator gets more than a score of calls a week, unless something pops up on the radar. Then, maybe the day before a vote, when it is pretty much too late, they might get a hundred calls. That isn't enough to cancel out the anti-civil rights lobbyists.

(rant off)

ADDED:

If that is too political, please pull just this post, not the thread. Thanks.

We here in Ohio just got a CCW law not long ago. (2004) Gunowners united in this state and I myself emailed, called reps etc. I wrote several letters to the editor to the local rag and they printed most of them!

While it helps that the majority of the state house and senate are repubs there are plenty of RINO's that could care less about gun rights. You Cal. pards have to mount a HUGE email, letter writing, phone calling bonanza. C'mon I know the weather is great out there but get off your duffs and give 'em he&^. We're all behind ya out here! Rye :FlagAm:

We here in Ohio just got a CCW law not long ago. (2004) Gunowners united in this state and I myself emailed, called reps etc. I wrote several letters to the editor to the local rag and they printed most of them!

While it helps that the majority of the state house and senate are repubs there are plenty of RINO's that could care less about gun rights. You Cal. pards have to mount a HUGE email, letter writing, phone calling bonanza. C'mon I know the weather is great out there but get off your duffs and give 'em he&^. We're all behind ya out here! Rye :FlagAm:

Thanks, Rye. As an example of how bad it is here, back just after Arnie took office there were 5 really scuzzy anti-civil rights bills in our Legislature (all passed in both houses, Arnie vetoed 4 of them but signed off on calling rifles in .50 BMG "assault weapons" as a sop to the anti-civil rights lobby). I wrote up a rant similar to the above and included the names, phone numbers, email, and physical address of the members of the Legislature, and those at the federal level for the area, about 8 or 10 names. All on one page using 12 point Times New Roman font. I ran off 300 copies of it and took it to three local gun shops. One "didn't have room" for it. One put a stack on the counter. One put a stack in the rack with other handouts, information, flyers, etc. A month later most were still there.

Thanks, Rye. As an example of how bad it is here, back just after Arnie took office there were 5 really scuzzy anti-civil rights bills in our Legislature (all passed in both houses, Arnie vetoed 4 of them but signed off on calling rifles in .50 BMG "assault weapons" as a sop to the anti-civil rights lobby). I wrote up a rant similar to the above and included the names, phone numbers, email, and physical address of the members of the Legislature, and those at the federal level for the area, about 8 or 10 names. All on one page using 12 point Times New Roman font. I ran off 300 copies of it and took it to three local gun shops. One "didn't have room" for it. One put a stack on the counter. One put a stack in the rack with other handouts, information, flyers, etc. A month later most were still there.

Joe, Frustrating ain't it?? Keep up the good fight. My son lives in Cal. and because of the great work he's getting ( music business) he ain't leaving anytime soon. He loves the weather and the mountains, scenery and the work but hates the politics. He wants me to move out there but I'm real hesitant to make a move there. At my age (64) this has got to be my last move. We'll see...................Rye :unsure:

Joe, Frustrating ain't it?? Keep up the good fight. My son lives in Cal. and because of the great work he's getting ( music business) he ain't leaving anytime soon. He loves the weather and the mountains, scenery and the work but hates the politics. He wants me to move out there but I'm real hesitant to make a move there. At my age (64) this has got to be my last move. We'll see...................Rye :unsure:

Every pro-gun person who moves into California is a help.

Every pro-gun person who moves into California is a help.

True - but if one has a strong pro-gun attitude, it's hard to do so when they feel their right is threatened. I love California, but unless my job mandated it, I couldn't move back. That hurts me to say that too because Cali is truly a great state....but in my case, I have fallen in love with West Michigan so it only complicates it ;)

Maybe if the pro-gunners in Cali could influence the society more....but I know they are trying. I think Cali will pull through, just gonna take time.

G (who misses the Mojave Desert and Catalina Island) G ~ :FlagAm:

Archived