SASS Wire Forum

If You Could...

DocWard

Job

What were you thinking? :blink:

Sherman McMasters, possible outlaw, Texas Ranger, friend and rider with Wyatt Earp on his "vendetta."

LOL! As if there was really much difference!

Hmmm... Sounds like I have some research and reading to do!

I just realized that some of that, the fighting for proper treatment of the natives, was St. Herman of Alaska.

In doing a bit of digging just now, I found:

In 1920 a one-hundred pound bronze church bell was unearthed in an orange grove near Mission San Fernando Rey de España in the San Fernando Valley of Southern California. It has an inscription in the Russian language (translated here): "In the Year 1796, in the month of January, this bell was cast on the Island of Kodiak by the blessing of Juvenaly of Alaska, during the sojourn of Alexander Andreyevich Baranov." How this Russian Orthodox Kodiak church artifact, from Kodiak Island in Alaska journeyed to a Roman Catholic Mission Church in Southern California is unknown.

The more you know, the more you want to scratch your head and say "Huh???"

Top three are Thomas Edison, John M. Browning, and Cyrus McCormick. All three were inventors whose products essentially changed the world.

Next three were all later, but selected for the same reasons: Clarence Birdseye, George Eastman, and Buckminster Fuller.

The list could go on and on with Luther Burbank, George Washington Carver, the Wrights, Louis Pasteur, Alfred nobel, Alexander Graham Bell, James Paris Lee, Fordyce Beals, and I. M. Singer among many, many others.

And just for the record, a meal is nowhere near enough time.

I could spend more time than that with BMC, Curly Cole, of Clickety Rickety, and they never invented anything. :lol:

I could spend more time than that with BMC, Curly Cole, of Clickety Rickety, and they never invented anything. :lol:

I've had a meal with BMC, ya gotta watch out for him or he'll steel food of yer plate :D

Archived