SASS Wire Forum

Ruger Vaquero value?

Dantankerous

Recently I came across a used Ruger "OMV" in 45 Colt. Serial number puts it made 1999-2000 range. It has nice CCH and a 5 1/2" bbl. It has been used, but looks 90% + condition. The price I thought was a darn good price for the gun. Just wanting confirmation on what these guns should be and are selling for currently.

Thanks for any help!

Dan

90-95% for blued/cch I would willing to pay $400-425. I would not be surprised to see $475.

I have not warmed to the New Model Vaquero. I like Colts (and clones) to feel like Colts; I like Rugers to feel like Rugers. I also like the extra metal that allows my Rugers to be fed 'warmer' loads for field use.

I will put my take on this, cch which is not a real cch, $300 to $375, stainless $375 to $450, anything over that you just as well buy the new vaquero, I understand that alot of folks don't like the new style, me for one, I have 3 sets of the OMV, now I did buy cch 4 5/8 in 357 for $225 at a gun show, after some work on it, it is one of my best shooters, it is the only single one I have in OMV, the others are sets, 2 sets in 45LC and 1 set in 357, all stainless

All for now JD Trampas

Those dumb guns are worthless - give it to me...I'll see what I can do :P

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I concur.....send it to GG and he'll dispose of it properly.

I've already had so many given to me that my 'metal recycle' bin is full and can't hold anymore. :o

..........Widder

90-95% for blued/cch I would willing to pay $400-425. I would not be surprised to see $475.

I have not warmed to the New Model Vaquero. I like Colts (and clones) to feel like Colts; I like Rugers to feel like Rugers. I also like the extra metal that allows my Rugers to be fed 'warmer' loads for field use.

Well ya can't beat a new vaquero for an out of the box gun for cas shooting......Also I don't think a new vaquero would be the first choice of any "smart hunter " for a hunting gun for warmer loads....Get a blackhawk...Older big vaqueros loaded with 45's are too big and heavy to compete with......unless you like the feel of big and slow .and shooting fatigue...

So Widdowmaker Hill, how long have you been referring to your gun safe as a metal recycling bin?

Or are you just looking for another reason to expand your recycling bins.

A new recycle bin......hmmmmmmm, thats a good thought.

..........Widder

Archived